Goodbye Annoying Bugs! Goodbye Harsh Chemicals! Hello Bug Free Bliss
Summertime's gorgeous weather brings more time spent outdoors…longer walks with your dog leading the way, more time at the dog park, maybe trips to the beach or lake and one unwanted event - bug time. That dreaded buzz of the first fly or hum of a nasty mosquito marks the start of the War Against Bugs. From fleas to flies and everything else, we wage war against bugs with pet safe bug repellent products.
Natural Bug and Insect Repellents for Dogs
Herein lies the rub...the chemical stuff that is deadly to bugs is deadly chemical stuff. Sure, it works, but at what cost to us, our dogs and the environment?
The natural alternative pet safe bug repellent products, such as our Bug Off Collection, work, but we are NOT trying to present them as Natural DEET, there is no such thing. We are not going to swear after one use of Bug Off products you will never see a bug near your dog ever again, but we will swear BUG OFF is an effective alternative insect repellent for dogs to the harsh, chemical-laden products you have seen.
3-Step Battle Plan for Keeping BUGS OFF
- Bath your dog in BUG OFF SOAP
- Spray BUG OFF SPRAY liberally on dog from ears back
- Apply BUG OFF BUTTER to ear tips, tail (especially the end), any area bugs seem to bedevil
FYI! The different BUG OFF dog breeds are just for fun! It is the same product within each category - soap or boo boo butter. Pick a buggy label you like or check out our Bug Off Duo.
Blissful Bug Free Tips!!!
- Watch out for wasp nests and bee hives on the ground when walking your dog
- Don’t leave food outside for your dog - bug magnet!
- Avoid walking your dog in bug-friendly areas with tall grass, thick brush or stagnant water
- Remove any standing water from your yard to eliminate mosquito breeding grounds (buckets, tires, etc.)
- Keep liquid antihistamine on hand in case your dog bites, swallows or is stung by a bee, wasp, scorpion or other bug
- All BUG OFF insect repellent products for dogs can be used with topical insect preparations (Frontline® etc.).
Spritz Bugs Away With Bug Off Spray
Flying, biting bugs are one of the most maddening parts of warmer weather. Nothing ruins a fun night beside the lake or on the boat faster than a swarm of blood-thirsty biting bugs!
Our dogs depend on us to keep them bug free and comfortable throughout the warm months. With that responsibility comes the need for us to find environmentally friendly products that are not chemical laden, yet still work.
Better for the Your Dog, the Environment and You
The dilemma is the chemical stuff that is deadly to bugs is chemical stuff that is deadly. Bug Off is our natural, respectful to the environment approach to getting rid of pesky insects, or at least holding them at bay for a bit.
We are not going to swear you will never see an insect near your dog again…but we will swear Bug Off is an effective alternative to the harsh, chemical laden products you may have seen. We use it on ourselves, our dogs, horses, ponies, donkeys, cattle and Kundun, the yak who is a fly magnet. It works for us in northern Minnesota, lake of 10,000 lakes and a bazillion bugs.
CONTAINS: Water, Wintergreen Oil, Glycerin, Xanthum Gum, White Vinegar, Lemongrass Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Citronella Oil, Geranium Oil, Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Bug Off Spray Product Info
- Available in 4 and 8 oz mister spray bottles and 16 oz trigger spray bottles
- Includes complete tips, hints and directions booklet
- Pesticide free, worry free
- Safe to use with topical preparations (Frontline® etc.)
- Helps repel flies, mosquitoes, chiggers, gnats and other annoying bugs
- Spray and reapply as needed
- Several Buggy Dog Breed & Mixed Breed labels available. It's the same good Bug Off formula, the labels are just for fun.