ST BERNARD NOSE BUTTER® SAVES YOUR SAINT'S NOSE FROM BEING ROUGH & DRY
Saint Bernards have the well-deserved reputation as guardians, gentle watch dogs and saviors of lost travelers. The least we can do is help save their noses from dryness or becoming cracked and crusty.
Many of your Saint's giant breed cousins also struggle with dry, crusty nose issues. It often presents as a ridge of crust along the top of the nose where the nose meets the face. NOSE BUTTER® will save your dog's nose from the crusty crud! Sorry, I cannot send a flask of brandy with the NOSE BUTTER®.
YOUR ST. BERNARD NEEDS A MOIST HEALTHY NOSE TO BE THEIR BEST…PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY & EMOTIONALLY
You're probably thinking, "What the heck does a dry nose have to do with my dog's feelings?" Don't click away, I promise it will make sense...
Your Saint's sense of smell is his Canine Superpower. Even if your St. Bernard is your family companion and has never seen snow, his nose is still one powerful sniffer. Hundreds of years of breeding for heightened scenting ability to find snow-covered travelers makes the ability to sniff scents critically important to your dog.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR A MORE SECURE, RELAXED SAINT BERNARD
A moist, healthy nose grabs all of the info carrying scent particles like flypaper, bringing your dog all the scoop. If her nose is dry, she will keep licking (and licking) in a vain attempt to moisten it. Of course, just like when we lick chapped lips, it gets worse.
When your dog is unable to get info via sense of smell, it can actually lead to stress and anxiety. Your dog becomes more and more frustrated as he sniffs and licks, trying to get the info he needs to make decisions and react.
ST. BERNARD NOSE BUTTER® returns your dog’s nose to a moist, healthy condition, which helps your dog look his best and feel more confident and secure.
Your SAINT BERNARD looks better, feels better and is more relaxed. Win! Win!
ST BERNARD NOSE BUTTER® OPTIONS
SHOP EVERYTHING ST BERNARD HERE | FEATURING COMBOS WITH NOSE/PAW/ELBOW/BOO BOO BUTTER, RELAX AROMATHERAPY + SOAPS & SHAMPOOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO USE NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATPSIS YOUR DOG'S EXTREMELY DRY NOSE
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.