ST BERNARD NOSE BUTTER® SAVES YOUR SAINT'S NOSE FROM BEING ROUGH & DRY
Saint Bernards have the well-deserved reputation as guardians, gentle watch dogs and saviors of lost travelers. The least we can do is help save their noses from dryness or becoming cracked and crusty.
Many of your Saint's giant breed cousins also struggle with dry, crusty nose issues. It often presents as a ridge of crust along the top of the nose where the nose meets the face. NOSE BUTTER® will save your dog's nose from the crusty crud! Sorry, I cannot send a flask of brandy with the NOSE BUTTER®.
YOUR ST. BERNARD NEEDS A MOIST HEALTHY NOSE TO BE THEIR BEST…PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY & EMOTIONALLY
You're probably thinking, "What the heck does a dry nose have to do with my dog's feelings?" Don't click away, I promise it will make sense...
Your Saint's sense of smell is his Canine Superpower. Even if your St. Bernard is your family companion and has never seen snow, his nose is still one powerful sniffer. Hundreds of years of breeding for heightened scenting ability to find snow-covered travelers makes the ability to sniff scents critically important to your dog.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR A MORE SECURE, RELAXED SAINT BERNARD
A moist, healthy nose grabs all of the info carrying scent particles like flypaper, bringing your dog all the scoop. If her nose is dry, she will keep licking (and licking) in a vain attempt to moisten it. Of course, just like when we lick chapped lips, it gets worse.
When your dog is unable to get info via sense of smell, it can actually lead to stress and anxiety. Your dog becomes more and more frustrated as he sniffs and licks, trying to get the info he needs to make decisions and react.
ST. BERNARD NOSE BUTTER® returns your dog’s nose to a moist, healthy condition, which helps your dog look his best and feel more confident and secure.
Your SAINT BERNARD looks better, feels better and is more relaxed. Win! Win!
ST BERNARD NOSE BUTTER® OPTIONS
SHOP EVERYTHING ST BERNARD HERE | FEATURING COMBOS WITH NOSE/PAW/ELBOW/BOO BOO BUTTER, RELAX AROMATHERAPY + SOAPS & SHAMPOOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.