Nose Butter® Moisturizes Your Boxer's Dry Nose...Naturally!
Boxers are a unique combination of elegance and goofiness. They push their way into your heart, feet first of course, and take over. Sadly, along with that expressive face often comes a dry or crusty nose. Many Boxers have a bit of a rough, dry nose OR it may be the extreme form of dryness called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is Boxer nose Butter® moisturizes and conditions all ranges of Boxer nose dryness.
Why A Healthy Nose Is Important To Your Boxer
For hundreds of years your Boxer’s ancestors sniffed out and tracked wild game deep in the German forests. This took concentration and a great nose! Even though your Boxer may not require that level of sniffing ability in his world of sofa surfing, your dog still has that DNA hardwired into him.
If his nose is rough, dry or even crusty, he won't be able to sniff the air and snag all the info nature is telling him to retrieve. This lack of info wears your dog down over time. Like us not able to get a cell signal on a long drive in an unfamiliar area. Annoying, frustrating or even scary!
Nose Butter For Your Boxer's Nose
Nose Butter is a rich moisturizer that quickly melts into your dog’s nose in layers. First, the lighter oils soak in (like almond oil), then the heavier oils are absorbed (castor oil) and last, the rich, yummy butters bring up the rear for maximum moisture and to act as a protective barrier (while still being light enough to let the skin of the nose breathe).
Using Boxer Nose Butter - the Quick Version: DAB. DISTRACT. DONE. Apply Nose Butter 2-3x a day for 2-3 days (or until nose improves. Distract to keep them from licking it off before it gets its work done. Then use as needed for maintenance (usually1-2x a week). It really is that easy! Complete tips and hints for application on uncooperative dogs in tabs below.
Boxer Nose Butter Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used; Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- .15 oz (lip balm), .50 & 2.25 oz tubes + 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Boxer label options: Brindle, Fawn, Brindle & Fawn Duo, Show Ears & White
- Non-toxic, safe if swallowed or licked
How To Best Use Nose Butter® Info & Video
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- For ease of application and faster absorption put tin or tube in your pocket for a few minutes to warm it
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon and warm in your palm before application for faster absorption
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until there is improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week)
- Products have no active ingredients and will not harm your dog if they lick some off. But we do want the product to get it's work done, so see distract tips
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
FYI: Our balms have a very thick, stiff consistency, because your dog's nose is very thick skin tissue. If it were a fluffy cream, it would not work.
Distraction Tips - Look Squirrel!
- Like pulling off a bandaid - Apply FAST
- Give treats before, during and after application, if needed
- Peanut butter on a wooden spoon is a great trick
- Feed their dinner after application
- Play your dog's fave game
- Throw a ball or go for a walk
- Pets and cuddles are always good
Keeping Expectations Real
Every so often a customer tells us their dog doesn’t “like” the Nose Butter, etc. Some dogs just do not like being controlled, messed with, having their faces touched or anything done to them. We get it! Sometimes our dogs do NOT want to be messed with, restrained or have their faces touched. They will flip, fight, twist and turn and some of the dogs have the audacity to wipe the product off on the sofa or their owner's leg!
Your dog may not “like” having Nose Butter applied. They may not like going to the vet or getting their toenails trimmed. Just like most of us don't like going to the dentist, but we go. Sometimes we have to do something for our dog's well-being…cutting toenails, giving meds, cleaning ears, going to the vet, or applying Nose Butter, etc. If your dog struggles, make the process FASTER and reward lavishly. This may be one of those situations in which you have to be firm with your dog, again, for the greater good.
Application Tips for Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking Dogs
How to Apply Nose, Paw, Elbow and Boo Boo Butter To Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking, Twisting, Flipping Dogs
We feel your pain. Some of us have dogs that are less than cooperative when it comes to anything being done to them. It is not that they don't like the products themselves, they just don't want anything done to them. Period. For those dogs here are a few tips and tricks, but may we remind you...you are the person and sometimes we have to do what is for our dog's own good…like going to the vet, having toenails cut and maybe having Nose Butter put on their nose.
- Let your dog lick peanut butter off spoon while you apply
- Try strong smelling treats - goat cheese, tuna, fishy treats
- Tag team! One give treats or pet while the other applies
- Go for a walk, throw a ball
- Dab on while they sleep - sneaky!
- Be FAST! Dab! Distract! Done!
Additional Tips for Flat-Faced Dogs, Lickers and Carpet Rubbers
Flat-faced dogs often resist application, as their breathing is already compromised. Apply as quickly as possible and don’t hold your flat-faced dog tightly, as this often makes them struggle more. This goes for Toy Dogs also, they know they're small and don't want to held tightly for fear of being hurt.
DISTRACTION - BE TENACIOUS
First be sure you are warming the product to the point of melted before application. It will soak in much faster if almost there when you apply.
Distracting dogs that are determined to lick the product off (or rub it off on furniture) may take some tenacity on your part. Treats, walks, throwing a ball or just petting them may work. Think of anything your dog loves and use that on them for the ten minutes or so needed. Stick to it...it’s for your dog’s well-being.
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing Which Nose Butter® Is Best For Your Dog
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
Nasal Hyperkeratosis Info - Extremely Dry Dog Noses
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
I really did not think Zoe would have results like the pictures I saw in your site but thought I would give it a try. I was so skeptical that I neglected to take before pictures but I wish I had! In less than a week of only 1-2 x a day application Zoe’s deformed and cracked nose is now normal. It no longer has the extra scaly skin growing off of it and it is black and moist now. I am sure she is more comfortable and it looks fantastic. Beyond belief really. I know I sound like I was paid to say this because I am gushing but it really worked like magic in less than a week.
Nose butter is the bomb diggity i and Ava absolutely love all of blissful dog products thank you for tanking care of my baby girl i so appreciate it 💖 Marquetta 🐾 Ava
I wish I had taken a close up before picture! A week after using the Nose Butter our Boxers nose looks normal, before it was cracked and brown!
My 10 year old boxer looks handsome again!
Works great on Major Payne's nose. We found the tube application easier than from the tin rounds. Thanks!
Thank you so much for a wonderful product! Worked like a charm :)
Her nose is softening and the cracking is going away.
My boxer has had a dry bumpy nose since we adopted him. First we tried the prescription oil the vet recommended which did not work well. Then our trainer recommended the Nose Butter and the results are almost immediate! Beau is a happy boy now!
Nose butter is wonderful! I had been using other things to soothe my 14 year old boxer, Honey’s, poor nose and it was not working. I received a sample of nose butter at the Frenchie Nationals in October. I figured what the heck, I’ll see what it does. With in 2 days Honey’s nose was not looking painful, bumpy, crusty and dry. I was amazed!! It soaks in so fast that the other dogs don’t have a chance to lick it off. I’m using it once or twice a week now and her nose looks great! I even used it on myself for a chapped nose and lips and it was amazing how fast everything healed up!! I’m a customer for life!! (I have to send her picture in another email)
I have a Pitbull who had such a severely dry nose that it was starting to crack deep. I tried everything with little change. The nose butter has made a huge difference thus far. I'm placing another order today!