• Free Shipping USA
• Free Priority over $50 USA
• Intl Price Varies
• Complete Shipping info here
The Blissful Dog
50534 235th Avenue
Clearbrook, MN 5663
Call us 1.855.DOG.BLISS
Does your American Bulldog have an all-over dry nose or is it covered by layers of crust? The good news is no matter how dry your American Bulldog's nose is Nose Butter is the answer.
A moist nose acts like smell-snagging flypaper, grabbing the scent particles that float by and feeding them to your dog’s scent receptors. If your American Bulldog's sense of smell is dulled by a dry, crusty nose, he may become less confident, stressed, or anxious. Not getting enough info leads to stress and insecurity (like the one bar feeling on your cellphone).
The rich, moisturizers in American Bulldog Nose Butter nourish the parched tissue of your dog’s dry nose. After a few days of Nose Butter, your American Bulldog will have his nose mojo back. Not only will your best buddy look and feel better physically, but his confidence and swagger will also be enhanced. All the scoop is below!
Dry dog noses can be just a tiny bit dry to the extremely dry nasal hyperkeratosis.
Your dog's dry nose can be caused lack of humidity, some illnesses, even medications or stress. Yes, breed or breed type can also be a major cause. Bully and Flat-faced dog breeds are the most susceptical.
The extreme dry nose, Nasal Hyperkeratosis, is an idiopathic condition (medical speak no idea why) that causes nose tissue to cover the nose in layers of scabby, skin crust.
The Good News is Nose Butter® works on ALL levels of dog nose dryness from a tiny bit to extreme cases of Nasal Hyperkeratosis. We've got your dog's nose covered, read on and learn the whys and how-tos.
While any dog can have Nasal Hyperkeratosis, our research shows a strong correlation between dog breed or breed type and a predisposition to Nasal Hyperkeratosis. There may also be an immune system factor.
Dogs with extreme body types seem to be the most affected.
• Extremely flat-faced
• Extremely bully-bodied
• Extremely loose jowls
• Extreme amount of facial folds
• Extremely large
• Extremely small
More breed tendency info in FAQs below.
Since 2002 Nose Butter® has been individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far Northern Minnesota using all-natural ingredients.
• Shea butter
• Almond oil
• Olive oil
• Coconut oil
• Castor oil
• Cocoa seed butter
• Avocado oil
Bliss Bit!Nose Butter is a very thick, stiff consistency so it will work on the tough skin/tissue of your dog's dry nose.
These breeds are more prone to Nasal Hyperkeratosis. An * indicates they fall into multiple categories. This is NOT a complete list.
• American Bulldog
• American Staffordshire Terrier
• French Bulldog*
• Olde English Bulldoggee*
• Staffordshire Bull Terrier
• Boston Terrier
• Brussels Griffon*
• English Toy Spaniel*
• Japanese Chin*
• Shih Tzu*
• Bichon Frise
• Cavalier King Charles
• Lhasa Apso
• Yorkshire Terrier*
• Bernese Mountain Dog
• Cane Corso*
• Dogue de Bordeaux*
• Fila Brasileiro*
• Great Dane
• Great Pyrenees
• Neapolitan Mastiff*
• St. Bernard
• Tibetan Mastiff
• Alaskan Malamute
• American Eskimo
• Siberian Husky
#1 Tip - For quicker absorption warm Nose Butter prior to using
• To warm; stick in your pocket, bra, or scoop some out & warm in palm (see image)
• Open the tin or tube
• Gently control your dog's face (side of face or under their chin)
• Avoid head-locks - that's a trigger for many dogs
• Tag Team - have someone hold & you apply
• (Tin) Scoop a bit out appropriate to the size of your dog’s nose
• Dab it on their nose
• Rub it in a bit, you do not have to rub it in completely as it melts quickly, especially if warm
• Distract to keep them from licking or rubbing it off
• Repeat 2-3x a day for 1-3 days or until nose is back in shape
• Then use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week)
• Apply 2-3x a day (do the best you can, 2-3x a day is the goal)
• After 2-3 days of multiple daily applications, gently rub the nose with tissue and see if it easily crumbles off
• If it does NOT crumble right off (it will look like black, greasy dirt), keep applying Nose Butter 2-3x a day until it easily, without picking, comes off
• Resist the urge to pick as tempting as it may be, it hurts and will make the process harder
The crusty stuff is actually skin and hurts your dog if you pick it off, just like us pulling a scab off a skinned knee too soon.
• Give a cookie or treat before, during and after application
• Cuddles, pets, repeat as needed
• Feed their dinner (with extra yummies)
• Play your dog's fave game
• Throw a ball
• Go for a walk
• Pet them, lavish praise on them for their overall good dog-ness
• TIP! Not only does something positive (like cookies) take their mind off having something done to them, they soon equate Nose Butter with treats.
Ouch! That hurt! It's not that your dog loathes Nose Butter (we hope not), they probably DO dislike being held tightly.
Being held in a WWE head-lock is a huge trigger for most dogs. If possible, allow them to stand while you apply Nose Butter and be quick
Additionally, flat-faced dogs will fight and struggle to protect their already hindered ability to breathe.
Toy breeds know they are small and will often put up an unbelievable tussle to get away when they feel over-powered.
Dogs are often triggered by being held tightly. This may come from when they were puppies. Puppy play involves a lot of wrestling and play-fight. It's not fun for dogs (or us) to have siblings pile on, hold us down and make us feel helpless. (I'm looking at my three sisters).
Stay relaxed and positive and be very generous with treats and your dog will soon enjoy, or tolerate, Nose Butter time.
The Bad News is there is no CURE for Nasal Hyperkeratosis, it is a condition and usually life-long.
If you stop using Nose Butter, the dryness and crust will probably come back.
The Good News is maintenance usage of Nose Butter keeps the Nasal Hyperkeratosis under control.
Nose Butter can help heal the dry nose, but doesn't cure the condition. Yes, it's semantics, but it helps make it clear.
When our hands are really cracked and dry we apply lotion to get them in shape, but we can't slather lotion on our hands once and be moisturized for life.
Like cutting your dog's toenails...Nose Butter is part of their health care regimen.
Wonderful Service and Wonderful Product! Best Wishes for continued success!
So easy to use and great all natural product. His nose is perfect now.
This has been amazing for my Cano Corso her nose is so much better!
Is a cavalier King Charles Sspaniel. He had that ugly crust on his nose and after using the Boo balm it fell off. The products are gentle and effective. Boo is a happy dog and now we can be a happy family. Thanks a lot!!
I thought my older Vizsla was just supposed to have an old crusty nose. This treatment has been easy to apply, Louie dog doesn't mind it at all, and his nose dryness is disappearing. He still had a young nose under there. Really glad I found this product.
Our Frenchie no longer suffers from a dry nose and seems a lot happier
My dobie puppy’s nose was cracking and this resolved it in about 3 days! Love that it’s a more natural product! I will definitely be purchasing more products from this company
Very happy! His nose looks so much better🙂
I applied it 1-2 times a day for just a few days and my dog's nose it nearly all better. He does lick it off as soon as I put it on him so now I put it on and then give him wet food right away and it stays on. Excellent product!