AMERICAN BULLDOG NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR BULLY BUDDY'S DRY NOSE
The American Bulldog is one of the few Made in the USA dog breeds. Originally bred as an all-around hunting, farm and guard dog in the South, they have become popular the world over. Like their Bulldog cousins, the American Bulldog also has a predisposition toward having a dry, crusty nose.
Your American Bulldog may have an all-over dry nose or it may be a more extreme version. If the nose is covered by layers of crust that looks like barnacles or scabby sci-fi crust, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis (more info on that condition HERE). No matter how dry your American Bulldog's nose is NOSE BUTTER® is the answer.
WHY HAVING A MOIST NOSE IS A BIG DEAL TO YOUR AMERICAN BULLDOG
Your American Bulldog has hunting in his DNA. As mentioned above, he was the do-it-all dog on many farms in the southern USA. Track the game, chase it down, hold it down AND come home and guard the property. A powerful nose was critical to being able to do his job.
Your American Bulldog may not chase anything more than a dropped Dorito, but he is hardwired to depend on his nose for info. When his nose is dry, crusty or cracked he sniffs and sniffs, trying to snag scents. In desperation he then licks his nose in a vain attempt to moisten his sandpaper snout. Of course that just makes it worse! Think of it as trying to get a cellular signal and you’ve got one shaky stinking bar. You will turn and twirl and hold the phone up, chasing those elusive signal bars! So frustrating!
If your American Bulldog's sense of smell is dulled by a dry, crusty nose, he may become less confident. Not getting enough info leads to stress and insecurity (like the one bar feeling). A moist nose is smell snagging flypaper, grabbing the scent particles that float by and feeding them to your dog’s scent receptors.
The rich, moisturizers in American Bulldog NOSE BUTTER® nourish the parched tissue of your dog’s dry nose. After a few days of NOSE BUTTER® your American Bulldog will have his nose mojo back. Not only will your best buddy look and feel better physically, his confidence and swagger will be enhanced. No more FOMOS (Fear of Missing Out on Smells).
TINS SIZE OPTIONS: 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 OZ | TUBE SIZE OPTIONS: .15 (Lip Balm Size), .50 & 2 OZ
AMERICAN BULLDOG COMBO KITS WITH NOSE, PAW, ELBOW & BOO BOO BUTTER + RELAX AROMATHERAPY SHOP HERE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.