• Your dog’s sense of smell is their #1 method of info gathering
• Your dog’s olfactory smell center is 40x bigger than yours
• Your dog’s sense of smell is 1000–10,000,000 x more sensitive than yours (varies by breed)
• Dogs have 125,000,000–300,000,000 scent glands (varies by breed) compared to our measly 5,000,000 (I feel so inadequate)
• Your dog has about 60 square inches of odor detecting computer at their disposal
• Our human odor analyzing “real estate” is about one square inch compared to your dog's massive 60
As a business owner, I get a LOT of requests for guest blog posts. As I rule I don't do them for lots of reasons, but this one caught me eye. Maria, from Roto-Rooter, emailed and shared some info on their Pet Rescue program and I was all in!