50 Things To Do With Your Dog In An Hour
50 Things to Do With Your Dog In An Hour
When was the last time you had an hour to yourself? An extra hour of time has become that most precious of commodities in our hectic lives. Seldom do most of us allow ourselves to just BE, let alone purposefully carve out an hour to spend with our dogs.
Admittedly, I am one of those always busy people and don't see my basic hard-wiring changing. So, I can feel your resistance - an HOUR, a whole hour? Yes, take an hour an enjoy being with your dog, it will be oh, so worth it.
To get you started, here are 50 Fun and Thought-Provoking Things You Can Do With Your Dog in an Hour...enjoy. Please leave a comment with any additions you have!
Enjoy! 50 Ways to Spend an Hour With Your Dog
- Sit and pet your dog without doing anything else
- Schedule a session with an animal communicator
- Go for a walk
- Go to the dog park
- Throw their ball
- Teach them how to "Sit"
- Brush your dog
- Cut your dog's toenails
- Go to their annual vet exam
- Have a canine chiropractic session
- Swab their cheek and have their DNA tested
- Bake your dog homemade dog treats
- Take your dog for a ride
- Write them a letter to read to them on their birthday
- Go through your pictures of your dog
- Schedule an appointment with a professional dog photographer for a portrait of your dog
- Have your favorite pictures made into a photo book
- Have greeting cards made out of your fave pictures
- Print some of the photos yourself and start a scrapbook of your dog
- Take MORE pictures of your dog
- Start themes for your dog's photos - holidays, seasonal, etc.
- Take a nap with your dog
- Create a separate Wishlist on Amazon for your dog's goodies
- Set-up Subscriptions for monthly deliveries for your dog
- Write a poem or short story about your dog
- Go through their toys and get rid of any that need to go
- Then go to pet store with your dog and get more toys
- Visit our Dog Quotes page and download your faves
- Then Google "Dog Quotes" or "Quotes about dogs" and find more dog quotes
- Research dog-friendly vacation spots
- Google your dog's breed history or visit AKC.org - Mixed breed? Check out what your best guess is for your dog's mix of dog breeds
- Create a Pinterest board in honor of your dog
- Create a dream board or collage with pictures of your dog as a start
- Write a list of 10 Things To Do With Your Dog using some of these ideas (or others)
- Visit a reputable rescue group of your dog's breed or animal shelter online and donate something - even $5 - in your dog's name
- Consider other ways you can help dogs in need; the Amazon Smile program donate to your fave charity with every purchase you make.
- Pet your dog for ten minutes without stopping, then enjoy their expression of utter contentment
- Let your inner artist out and draw or paint a portrait of your dog. You don't have to EVER show it to anyone, just enjoy capturing some part of your dog on paper
- Take a silly video of your dog just being themselves
- Sign-up for an obedience class
- Check out agility classes, if your dog has energy galore
- Create a Pinterest Board with your fave recipes for your dog
- If the weather is warm, make them some doggie ice treats
- If weather is cold, make your dog warm biscuits from scratch
- Pick a dog related subject you've always wanted to know more about and allow yourself the luxury of exploring online or at the actual library
- Wash your dog's beds, blankets, toys etc.
- Contact your senator and legislator and urge them to start a bill or vote for any bills banning dog fighting or stiffer penalties for those who participate (see what laws are in your area first)
- Meditate with your dog - start with a few minutes and see where it takes you
- Create a Treasure Hunt for your dog! Hide a few treats and toys in fun paces for your dog to find. If calories are a concern use pieces of cauliflower, broccoli, etc.
- This one is a repeat, but it bears repeating - sit with your dog and completely immerse yourself in being with them. Enjoy their breath, their happy eyes, their sweet dog smile, their paw pads...remember you are the most important thing on earth to your dog
Leave a comment
Comments are read and pondered prior to approval.