SHINE ON! NOSE POLISH for Sheen and Polish for Your Dog's Nose
SHINE ON! NOSE POLISH for Shine, Polish and Sheen! Is your dog's nose a bit dull? Are you ready to put some shine and polish onto your dog's nose? For those of you who show dogs, do you want a natural (and AKC legal) product that enhances your dog's nose without adding chemicals and fake color? Then try our (drumroll, please)...SHINE ON! NOSE POLISH.
NOT JUST FOR SHOW DOGS! Of course SHINE ON! NOSE POLISH is perfect for your Champion of the Heart. Any dog who enjoys have the shiniest of noses will revel in SHINE ON! Nose Polish. And for their people who enjoy knowing their dogs looks his or her best.
Handcrafted, by my team and I, from Shea Oil, Castor Oil, Almond Oil, Jojobo Oil, Grapeseed Oil, a Dash of Essential Oils and a lot of LOVE. Adds a great glossy shine to your dog's nose.
This listing is for the .45 ounce roll-on bottle - lip gloss version with the sassiest Pug on the label or dog show ribbons. Plastic bottle for safety and convenience in a gift bag.
Made especially for easy application on the go, this product applies like you would lip gloss...just dab a bit onto the nose. Pointing the applicator away from their eyes, roll SHINE ON! NOSE POLISH across the top of your dog's nose. A little dab will absolutely do it.
Tip: I stand behind my dogs and have their head facing away, makes for quick and easy dog show shine application!
Why does a dog have a shiny nose anyway? Well, your dog licks his nose a lot, which obviously helps keep it moist and shiny. There are also lateral glands in their dog noses that secrete fluid, helping keep their nose super shiny.
IT'S SCIENCE!!! From the Sept. 1, 1972 "Science Magazine" article, "Thermal Panting in Dogs: The Lateral Nasal Gland, a Source of Water for Evaporative Cooling." These glands drain through a single duct near the opening of the nostril, making the nose wet. The evaporation of this moisture on the outside of the nose also assists in keeping the dog cool.
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.