Is Your Dog Terrified By Thunder? Frazzled By Fireworks?
It is heartbreaking to see our normally calm dogs become terrified when it thunders or fireworks pop. Our frightened dogs often shake, tremble and even drool with fear. Just as many people are terrified of public speaking, spiders, snakes or flying, our dogs are often triggered by thunderstorms, fireworks, being alone and traveling.
Bears? No Problem! Fireworks? Zoe Was a Wreck
Our Great Pyrenees, Zoe, was one fearless dog. She chased bears off our property and was blasé about it! She knew NO FEAR…except for gunshots and fireworks. Needless to say, hunting season (big deal in northern Minnesota) and 4th of July were not Zoe’s favorite days.
At the first crack of a firecracker or gunshot, I would grab a bottle of Relax dog aromatherapy spray blend and meet her as she ran to the house. I would reassure her that she is OK and spritz her with Relax. Within moments she would go from drooling and trembling to being a bit calmer dog. I could feel the tension lessen in her body. Did she ever enjoy the 4th of July? No, but she would lay down near me and quit trying drooling and pacing.
Zoe passed away last May and it was so hard to change this story to past tense. I'm just happy her last few years were calmer on the 4th of July.
Using Relax Dog Aromatherapy Spray
Relax Dog Aromatherapy spray uses a custom blend of safe essential oils to gently calm your dog's anxiety. Relax is NOT a doggie downer, it won't sedate them. Relax CAN help take the edge off and make a stressful time more tolerable. Of course, not every dog will have the same response. Your dog's degree of anxiety and personality type should be taken into consideration. Some breeds are often wound tighter than others, yep, looking at my Russell Terrier buddies. For those dogs, the effects may not be as dramatic.
Relax Product Info
- .45 oz Roll-On Bottle
- 2.7 oz Aluminum Spray Bottle
- Combo of Roll-On & Spray Bottle
- Your Choice of Dog Breed Label*
- Complete Directions Brochure
Using Relax Dog Aromatherapy
- Begin application of essential oils for dog anxiety prior to, or as soon as possible after onset of trigger
- Reassure your dog in a calm manner
- Reapply dog aromatherapy spray blend as needed
- Use roll-on and dog aromatherapy spray together to amplify results
Using Relax Roll-on
- Roll on inside dog's ears or on belly
- Roll onto your hands and pet your dog
Using Relax Spray
- Shake the dog anxiety spray gently before using
- Spritz over dog's body - ears back
- Or spray onto hands and pet dog
- Spray beds, crate & inside vehicle
Essential Oils Used in Relax
Relax reassures your frightened dog using our blend of the following calming oils in a carrier of organic jojoba oil, grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil (roll-on) or distilled water and emulsifier (spray).
- Cedarwood grounds & reduces panic
- Cypress soothes frazzled emotions
- Frankincense quiets anxiety
- Lavender classic calming
- Vetiver stress relief
- Bergamot uplifts and balances
The Blissful Dog Aromatherapy Booklet Here View and/or download