YORKSHIRE TERRIER NOSE BUTTER® KEEPS YOUR YORKIE'S NOSE IN TIP TOP CONDITION
DON’T DESPAIR! Many Yorkshire Terriers have a bit of a dry nose. It is very common among the toy breeds, especially the flatter faced ones. Your Yorkie may just have a bit of a dry nose that NOSE BUTTER® will quickly take care of OR there is a condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis that affects many Yorkies. You're at the right place, Yorkshire Terrier nOSE BUTTER® handles all nose conditions with ease.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR YORKSHIRE TERRIER
NOSE BUTTER® is basically a super-duper moisturizer with a variety of ingredients that revitalize your dog’s nose with layers of hydrating moisture. We use all natural and organic cosmetic sources for our ingredients and I proudly share, I use it on myself from head to toe!
The lightly scented formulation has a teeny bit of Cedarwood, for grounding, Cypress, for connection to earth, and Ylang Ylang for stress relief and happiness. We use just a bit of these oils for the energetic benefits, rather than the smell, which is very light. But, we DO honor the need for an UNSCENTED NOSE BUTTER®. So, you can choose Lightly Scented or Unscented NOSE BUTTER® for your Yorkie.
YOUR YORKIE MAY BE SMALL, BUT HIS ANCESTORS WERE WARRIORS
The Yorkie was developed to catch vermin which infested clothing mills and mine shafts during the early 1800s in England. Terriers such as the Skye Terrier, Dandie Dinmont, Manchester Terrier, Maltese and the now extinct Clydesdale (Paisley Terrier) were crossed to create the ancestors of today's Yorkies.
These early Yorkie were much bigger than today’s tiny dogs, which was necessary for the serious work of rat exterminating. As time went on and the need for mass rat extermination by dogs lessened, the Yorkie evolved into an adored companion. By selectively breeding the smallest individuals, the size of the Yorkie was brought down over the years. READ COMPLETE ARTICLE HERE.
YORKSHIRE TERRIER NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
SHOP EVERYTHING YORKSHIRE TERRIER HERE | FEATURING COMBOS WITH NOSE/PAW/BOO BOO BUTTER & RELAX AROMATHERAPY + SOAPS AND SHAMPOOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.