XOLOITZCUINTLI NOSE BUTTER® ALL NATURAL MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR XOLO'S NOSE AND SKIN
You know your dog is a show-stopper. Everywhere you go, you are asked, “What kind of dog is THAT?” and other questions I won’t dignify with repeating. NOSE BUTTER® will keep you from having to answer, “What’s on your dog’s nose?” NOSE BUTTER® will not clog pores and is quickly absorbed, making is a great all-over moisturizer for your Xoloitzcuintli.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR XOLOITZCUINTLI
NOSE BUTTER® is basically a super-duper moisturizer with a variety of ingredients that revitalize your dog’s nose with layers of hydrating moisture. We use all natural and organic cosmetic sources for our ingredients and I proudly share, I use it on myself from head to toe!
The lightly scented formulation has a teeny bit of Cedarwood, for grounding, Cypress, for connection to earth, and Ylang Ylang for stress relief and happiness. We use just a bit of these oils for the energetic benefits, rather than the smell, which is very light. But, we DO honor the need for an UNSCENTED NOSE BUTTER®. So, you can choose Lightly Scented or Unscented NOSE BUTTER® for your Xoli.
The Xolo is one of the world’s oldest and most unusual breeds, with proven history that spans back over 3000 years. Artifacts and clay pottery depicting the Xolo have been found in the tombs of Colima, Mayan and Aztec Indians. These ancient dogs were greatly admired for their intelligence and loyalty and many believed they had the ability to cure a variety of ailments.
It is believed the ancestors of the Aztec Indians brought these hairless dogs with them when they immigrated into Mexico from Asia (via Alaska and North America). They were not only beloved pets, but were said to be occasionally eaten and sacrificed. Life was different back then!
The Aztecs named the breed after their God of lightning and death, Xolotl. “Xolotl” combined with the word for dog, “itzcuintli” to form the name Xoloitzcuintli (pronounced ‘Show-low-eet-squint-lee’). HEAR IT HERE. These dogs, and clay figurines of the dogs, were often buried with their masters, as it was believed the loyal dogs could help the soul navigate the underworld.
XOLOITZCUINTLI NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES???? Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.