TIBETAN MASTIFF NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR MASTIFF'S ROUGH NOSE CONDITION
Tibetan Mastiff are one of the original ancient breeds (or so many say) and are they stunning! Big, powerful, confident and that coat – my goodness, they are show-stoppers. Let’s keep your Tibetan Mastiff turning heads for the right reason…healthy good looks, which includes a smooth nose.
Tibetan Mastiff nose issues can range from a bit of dryness to full blown nasal hyperkeratosis. Luckily, Tibetan Mastiff NOSE BUTTER® was created to deal with all ranges of dry nose problems.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR TIBETAN MASTIFF
NOSE BUTTER is a rich moisturizer made here in MN using ingredients that soak into your dog’s nose in layers. The lighter oils, such as almond oil soak in fast, then the next level of oils are absorbed, like olive oil or castor oil, then the shea butter and cocoa seed butter melts in, acting as a super moisturizer and light barrier of protective goodness.
Of course, it is always light enough for the nose leather skin to breathe and absorb the juicy smells your dog loves. And yes, there is a Tibetan Mastiff on each and every label.
TIBETAN MASTIFF HISTORY TIDBITS
Origins of the Tibetan Mastiff are shrouded in mystery, not only because it was so long ago, but also that area of the world was cut off from the world for eons.
It is known that the Tibetan Mastiff was the large guardian breed of Tibet. There are no written records, as you would expect. The Tibetan Mastiff is now considered one of the ancient breeds, as DNA evidence has now proven their definitive existence from that long ago.
The Tibetan Mastiff breeds are thought to have fought beside the Assyrian, Persian, Greek and Roman armies. Both Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun had Tibetan Mastiffs by their side.
The Tibetan Mastiff was allowed to develop as a more pure dog because of their isolation in the mountains of Tibet.
TIBETAN MASTIFF NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
NOSE BUTTER® IN TINS
- 1 OZ TIN 8.95
- 2 OZ TIN 13.95
- 4 OZ TIN 19.95
- 8 OZ TIN 29.95
- 16 OZ TIN 59.95
NOSE BUTTER® IN TUBES
- .15 OZ TUBE 4.45
- 3-PACK .15 OZ TUBES 9.95
- .50 OZ TUBE 6.95
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
QUICK TIPS ON HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER FROM TIN AND TUBE
Lots of dogs love NOSE BUTTER time and sit quietly for their daily dab. Others…don’t. Just like some people love a foot massage and others don’t. Give lots of treats before, during and after NOSE BUTTER application and your dog will grow to tolerate the process.
- TIN Open tin and scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Open tube and point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
QUICK TIPS FOR CHOOSING WHICH NOSE BUTTER
We offer a variety of sizes of products because DOGS come in all sizes. The breed labels on NOSE BUTTER are just for fun! Pug NOSE BUTTER® is the same as Leonberger NOSE BUTTER®.
TINS OR TUBES?
- TINS Better value per ounce
- Tin is re-usable (get your craft game on)
- Screw top is better for hot climates
- Slider top better for those with grip issues
- TUBES ez to use
- Tubes are no mess as you don't touch product
- Tubes are great for travel
FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
WHAT SIZE TO GET
- Larger sizes = Better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Nose dryness is a condition, it can be kept under control with regular application, but not CURED
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS ALL NATURAL GOOD STUFF QUICK LIST
- Each and every item we sell is individually handcrafted right here in far northern Minnesota by a member of my team and me (Kathy)
SHEA BUTTER is known for its ability to moisturize skin and to help retain the elasticity of skin. Shea butter has also been known to help protect the skin against the damaging effects of the sun while repairing cellular degeneration. Our shea butter is refined and deodorized without the use of harsh chemicals, allowing the shea butter to keep its amazing healing properties.
COCOA SEED BUTTER softens at body temperature and adds a rich, creamy, thick consistency to our butters. Note: There is none of the active ingredient in dark chocolate in the Cocoa Seed Butter we use. So, no harm to your precious dog!
ALMOND OIL is best known for its ability to soften, soothe, and re-condition the skin. It made from raw almond kernels and exceptionally rich in fatty acids.
AVOCADO OIL is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D and E, plus, avocados can provide skin with deep moisture. The avocado oil penetrates the skin but is also thick enough to serve as a protective barrier.
COCONUT OIL is a renowned general moisturizing oil and serves as a protective layer, helping to retain the moisture in your skin. It is great for inflamed and irritated skin, and those with skin sensitivities.
CASTOR OIL is a hard, shiny oil that acts as a “barrier agent and protective medium against harsh conditions and extremes.” Note: There is none of the properties of the ricin that has been in the news (and Breaking Bad). The process that makes it oil eliminates that possibility.
BEESWAX is a wonderful substance secreted by worker honeybees. Beeswax has a higher melting temperature, so it helps the various butters keep their shape and ship better
OLIVE OIL plumps and moisturizes nose tissue with a combo of vitamin E and A. Dry, itchy skin is also often relieved by using olive oil.
ESSENTIAL OILS We use a light dash of essential oils in the lightly scented version, more for the energetic properties rather than the scent, as we respect our dog’s sensitive sense of smell. The oils used are; Cedarwood for grounding, Cypress for connection to the earth and Ylang Ylang for stress reduction and happiness.
SAFE FOR YOUR DOGS AND OURS My very un-legally worded official disclaimer: If you Google a bit you'll find histrionic website articles about "fill in the blank with virtually anything" being bad for you, your dog, the environment and baby unicorns. It's the nature of the world we live in. There are NO active ingredients in our products. NOSE BUTTER won't hurt your dog if they lick some off or each the whole tin. That said, they don't need the calories or all that concentrated fat, so put it away!
- Of course, there is the very slight possibility of an individual dog having an individual reaction to an individual ingredient. If your dog has any symptoms of irritation etc. after using any of our products, stop using them.