SPRINGER SPANIEL NOSE BUTTER® MOISTURIZES AND SOOTHES YOUR DOG'S DRY NOSE
The Springer Spaniel is a loving companion, a fabulous dog for the field and one of the BEST EVER sofa surfing buddies.
Springer Spaniel nose problems can range from a bit of dullness or dryness all the way to being covered with a scab-like overgrowth, known as Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is Springer Spaniel NOSE BUTTER® was created to handle all levels of dog nose dryness
A MOIST, HEALTHY NOSE IS VITAL TO YOUR SPRINGER SPANIEL'S PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH
For hundreds of years your Springer’s ancestors have trotted beside their master/mistress as they forged into the thickets and forests in search of sport and/or dinner. Originally selected to flush the birds or small game from the brush, the invention of the wheel lock style firearm in the 1600s opened up the world of flying shooting opened up. These bigger Spaniels were extremely successful at flushing the game for this type of hunting.
The Springer’s job was to yes, spring into action, find the birds, flush out the birds, and fetch the birds. A keen nose was needed for this work and the Springer’s founders bred the best of the best for those characteristics.
Your Springer Spaniel may never enter a forest or see a bird fly up out of brush, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been bred for centuries to find, fetch and flush birds.
HAPPY SPRINGER SPANIELS WITH HEALTHY NOSES
Of course, all dogs rely on their sense of smell for lots of their info. To have a dry, crusty nose inhibits their ability to gather all the info they need. The moisture on a dog’s nose captures the scent particles on its sticky surface and sends the info to the appropriate smell centers in the dog’s brain. Nature tells dogs, especially the dogs with a heritage in the fields, to keep their nose moist and pliable. If your Springer has a dry nose they will lick it and lick it as they strive to regain that moisture. Yep, just like us when we lick chapped lips, it just gets worse.
Getting all the info they need makes for a happier, more confident dog. They are on top of all that is going on in their kingdom, even if the kingdom is your house and yard. So, a happy, healthy nose not only makes your Springer Spaniel look and feel better physically, it also leads to lessening of stress and anxiety.
SPRINGER SPANIEL NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS, TUBES & COMBOS
SHOP EVERYTHING SPRINGER SPANIEL HERE | COMBO KITS FEATURING NOSE/PAW/ELBOW/BOO BOO BUTTER & RELAX AROMATHERAPY + SOAPS & SHAMPOOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.