SIMPLY CLEAN DOG EAR CLEANER
Have you ever been cuddling your dog, enjoying a sweet moment and smelled something…funky? You looked around, checked your shoes, your dog's feet and then you realize it is his EARS!
Dirty dogs ears can have a yeasty, almost sickly sweet smell or like the nastiest old sneakers ever. Dirty dog ears can also warrant a trip to the vet, in the case of infections or severe buildups.
DOG B Prone To Ear Issues
Dogs with open, upright ears (Frenchies, German Shepherds), ears that are heavy and pendulous (Basset Hounds, Cocker Spaniels, pretty much the entire Spaniel family), dogs with tight ears (Chinese Shar-Pei, Chow) dogs that swim a lot (looking at YOU Labs and Newfies) and dogs that struggle with yeast issues (any breed or mix) can all be prone to stinky ear problems.
SIMPLY CLEAN DOG Ear Cleaner
- Cleans ear canals
- Dissolves wax
- Reduces yeast buildup
- Soothes itchy ears
- Eliminates smelly ear odor
- Will not burn ears or dry skin
Non-medicated, non-veterinary grooming preparation for hygiene purposes only.
Consult with your veterinarian about proper ear cleaning methods, treating of infections and ear mites. Not recommended for cats.
How To Have Blissfully Clean Dog Ears
Cleaning your dog's ears is not rocket science, but there are a few tricks that make it easier and more efficient. Here are a few tips gleaned from 30+ years of cleaning wiggling, uncooperative French Bulldog's ears.
SIMPLY CLEAN Dog Ears
- Clean your dog's ears weekly
- Gather everything you need (Simply Clean Ear Cleaner, cotton balls, treats)
- Only use cotton balls or cotton gauze squares
- Squirt a bit of Simply Clean onto cotton ball and wipe inside of ear out
- Repeat using a fresh cotton ball
- If cotton ball is overly gritty or has an offensive odor consult your vet
TIPS: Never use swabs, aka q-tips, as ear drums can be injured. Don't go too deeply into their ear canal for the same reason.
Ears are complex body parts with lots of curves, moving parts and easily damaged components. That is why we recommend cleaning only with cotton balls or cotton gauze.
SIMPLY CLEAN Dog Ear Cleaner Info
We wanted an ear cleaner that simply CLEANED. DOGS. EARS. And thus Simply Clean Ear Cleaner was developed. To clean your dog’s ears. Boom. Done.
CONTAINS: Aqua (Water), Denatured Alcohol, Coco Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe), Eucalyptus Globus Leaf (Distilled Eucalyptus), Cinnamomum Camphor (Distilled Camphor), and Gaultheria Procumbens (Distilled Wintergreen Leaf Oil).
Available in 4 oz & 16 oz Bottles
- 4 oz Bottles - Twist & Squirt Top
- 16 oz Bottles - Flip Top
DOWN & DIRTY DOG BATHING TIPS
DOWN & DIRTY DOG BATHING TIPS
- First, don’t rush. Make sure you have plenty of time to make bath time positive and maybe even fun. If you feel yourself getting frazzled, stop and breathe.
- Determine where the bathing will take place. The kitchen sink or a laundry tub may work for your smaller dog. Large dogs may require the bathtub or shower. If weather permits, bathing your dog outside could be a fun family event
- Gather your supplies prior to the bathing extravaganza
TIP: YOU ARE GONNA GET WET! ACCEPT IT AND DRESS ACCORDINGLY
- SUPPLIES – Your choice of Blissfully Clean Dog Shampoo or Soap, towels (at least three), cotton balls, collar & lead (if needed), yummy dog treats for after bath, wine/chocolate for your job-well-done after bath treat (if needed)
- Use an encouraging happy voice (use that baby talk voice, yeah, we all do it) and talk to your dog throughout the bath
- Put a cotton ball in each ear to keep water out – this is a biggie and will save you potential ear infections and expense
- Wet your dog thoroughly from the ears back with lukewarm water (not hot)
- Tip: DO NOT squirt water into their face…dogs hate that! Use a washcloth or small bath puff for face cleaning
- Grab your shampoo/soap and work up a lather
- Start behind their ears and massage the suds into their coat from ears to tail (don’t forget their toes)
- Rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse one more time just to be sure!
- Towel dry very gently
- Let your dog shake – they really, really want to, so let ’em have a good shake! It's part of being a dog
- If you used soap put it on a soap dish, let it dry, then pop back in its tin
- If needed, blow dry with a very cool setting. If you will be drying your dog often invest in a special dog blow dryer
- Praise them, pet them, make this a FUN occasion
- Most dogs have the rip snorts after a bath! Let them run!
- Treat yourself to a job well done! Have that glass of wine or treat of your choice
SCIENCE OF DOG SHAMPOO
The Best of Nature & Science for Blissfully Clean Dogs
Time for Canine Coat Science Class
Grab your lab coat and pocket protector, we are going full-on geek! First, let’s cover how our products work…from a scientific point of view.
The #1 Secret to Blissful Dog Coats Is Closing Open Hair Cuticles
Dog skin creates oily sebum which coats each hair cuticles and locks in moisture. This is a good thing, but every bit of dirt that floats by sticks to the sebum. Shampoos and soaps wash the sebum and its dirty passengers away (another good thing), but it leaves the hair cuticle open and fragile (bad thing).
Our shampoos clean in the manner appropriate for each coat type, while lessening the impact on the actual hair cuticle. We also replace the sebum with conditioner which protects the hair cuticle without attracting the debris that natural sebum does.
Making the World More Positive...One Hair of the Dog at a Time
A dog’s coat and skin are naturally negatively charged (-), so when rough, dry hair rubs together the negative hairs repel each other and creates static. This results in fly-away, static hair…which creates more breakage as the fragile hair is snagged and torn by all the other open hairs. Using a conditioner breaks this negative bond, allowing the hair to flow naturally…no static.
CLASS DISMISSED...You Earned an A+ in Dog Coat 101
SHOP BLISSFULLY CLEAN DOGS HERE