SHIZ TZU NOSE BUTTER® MOISTURIZING MAGIC FOR YOUR LITTLE DOG'S DRY NOSE
An ancient breed, with their history rooted in the Far East and Tibet, the Shih Tzu is known for its flowing coat, elegant good looks and delightful personality. A smooth nose is essential to your Shih Tzu’s good looks and comfort.
Many toy breeds and most of the flatter faced dog breeds have a marked tendency toward having a dry or even crusty nose. The Shih Tzu hits both of those marks...toy breed and an user-flat face.
Your Shih Tzu's dry nose may be a dull, dry nose on up to the more extreme version, called Nasal Hyperkeratosis, in which nose tissue grows out of control over the nose in chunks or layers. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® takes care of all levels of dry nose issues for your Shih Tzu.
TIP! Flat faced toy breeds especially do NOT like having their faces messed with or being held tightly. You may have to try alternative tactics for easier NOSE BUTTER application. Dab while they sleep is sneaky, but works. So does giving a gooey treat with one hand and doing a fast dab with the other. Treats help!
HOW TO PRONOUNCE SHIZ TZU
PRONUNCIATION – SHEED-zoo is the correct pronunciation, contrary to what snickering children have said for decades.
Listen Here for the exact pronunciation.
SHIH TZU HISTORY & TIDBITS
DNA analysis has proven that ten thousand year old bones which were dug up in China and Tibet, were those of Shih Tzu. This makes the Shih Tzu thus is considered one of the more ancient of breeds.
The Shih Tzu was a relatively unknown breed until the Dowager Empress Tzu Hsi took the breed under her wing. With her supervision of the breeding program, the breed soon became all of the rage in China and then the rest of the world.
The original Shih Tzu count the Lhasa Apso and Pekingese as their ancestors, which is obvious with one glance. In the 1920s a very few Shih Tzu were exported from China and to this day every single Shih Tzu in the western world can trace its heritage back to these dogs.
There was some mingling of the Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso bloodlines until the last 150 years or so. The Shih Tzu began as a beloved palace pet and so has a loving, sweet temperament. Both the Tibetan Mastiff and Lhasa Apso were used for sounding alarms and guarding the palaces and monasteries. So, the Lhasa and Tibetan Mastiff have a much, shall we say, intense temperament.
SHIH TZU NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
SHOP EVERYTHING BLISSFULLY SHIH TZU HERE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.