SHIBA INU NOSE BUTTER® SOOTHES AND MOISTURIZES YOUR DOG'S UNCOMFORTABLE DRY NOSE
The Shiba Inu has grabbed the attention of the dog loving public in the last few years. That quizzical expression and ATTITUDE has captured the hearts of many. Sadly, the sassy Shiba also has a predisposition toward having a dry or crusty nose. NOSE BUTTER® revitalizes your Shiba’s nose in just days. Shiba sass rules!
NOSE BUTTER® smooths, softens and revives your Shiba’s dry, crusty or cracked nose FAST. Then regular maintenance keeps it looking great.
Your Shiba's dry nose may be a dull, dry nose on up to the more extreme version in which nose tissue grows out of control over the nose in chunks or layers.
THE SHIBA INU
The Shiba Inu, with his fox-like expression, perky gait and all-around good looks has attracted a lot of attention. Plus, a certain meme has exploded interest in this ancient breed.
As a French Bulldog owner for over 25 years I know what it is like to see a breed you adore receive a lot of interest in the press. Some good comes from it and some…well, not so positive. Lots of breeders say this about a lot of breeds, but in the case of the Shiba it is TRUE. Get to know this breed and be ready to devote a lot of time and energy to teaching them how to be a good family member.
They are active, smart (too smart, some may say) and have a low boredom threshold. All that equals disemboweled sofas if you are not on top of things. All those disclaimers aside, this is an intelligent, fun breed with a lot of energy to enjoy sharing your life with. If you are an active person who enjoys being involved with your dog and doing stuff with them, the Shiba may be just the best buddy you will ever have.
SHIBA INU HISTORY & TIDBITS
The Shiba’s ancestors are thought to have journeyed to Japan around 7000 BC. Archaeological digs have unearthed evidence of small dogs the size of the Shiba. A new wave of immigrants brought a different type of dog to Japan in around 300 BC and the resulting offspring had pointed, triangular ears and curled tails.
The Yamato Court in Japan created a dog keeper’s position to help keep Japan’s indigenous breeds pure. A scant few European dogs were brought in and even fewer left, as taking a dog out of Japan was punishable by death.
Three main varieties of Shiba are what served as the beginning for several breeds of dogs we know today, each named for its region of origin.
- Larger Size – The Akita
- Medium Size – The Kishu, Hokkaido, Shikoku, & Kai
Small Size – The Shiba
SHIBA INU NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.