SAMOYED NOSE BUTTER® MOISTURIZING MAGIC FOR YOUR SAMMIE'S DRY NOSE
The Samoyed has a magnificent coat, fabulous smile and his black nose makes a striking contrast to all that white. Like a few of his spitz-type dog cousins, the Samoyed is also prone to a dry or crusty nose. The dryness can range from an overall dull, dryness to a more extreme version, Nasal Hyperkeratosis, in which errant nose tissue grows over the nose in chunks or layers.
HOW SAMOYED NOSE BUTTER ACTUALLY HELPS YOUR DOG'S NOSE
NOSE BUTTER is an uber-moisturizer made of ingredients that soak into your dog’s nose using a layered effect. First the smaller molecules are absorbed, then the ingredients with medium molecules melt in and then the larger molecules bring up the rear to act as a protective barrier (while still being light enough to allow the nose leather skin to breathe).
YOUR SAMOYED HAS A SAMMIE SUPERPOWER
The Samoyed is one of the ancient Northern breeds of dogs. They descended from northwestern Siberia where they were raised by nomadic Samoyed tribes. The Samoyed was instrumental in keeping the reindeer that were the lifeblood of the tribes herded together and they guarded the reindeer against the various predators of Siberia. As if the frigid temperatures of Siberia were not enough to deal with, nature how to throw in wolves and bears at the Samoyeds and the tribal peoples.
In their spare time the early Samoyed dogs pulled the sleds alongside their people as they moved across Siberia in search of food for themselves and the reindeer.
Your Samoyed today may not have to do much more than guard your slice of tundra from the neighborhood fiercest Chihuahua, but beneath their elegant exterior beats the heart of a warrior guardian. Your Samoyed employs all of his abilities and senses to guard you and your family from any real (or perceived) threats.
Of course, this includes his superpower sense of smell. Now, it stands to reason that if your Sammie has a dry or crusty nose it will not be able to gather the scents and info that a smooth nose would. NOSE BUTTER® soothes and moisturizes your dog's nose allowing him to look better, feel better,. breathe more easily AND get all the juicy smells that float his way!
SAMOYED NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.