ROTTWEILER NOSE BUTTER® CONDITIONING MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR DOG'S DRY NOSE
Rottweilers are bold, majestic, powerful dogs. Their glossy black coats and striking markings add to their great looks. A dry, crusty or cracked nose not only mars their good looks, the dryness inhibits their ability to gather up the juicy smells dogs adore. Rottweiler NOSE BUTTER® will soften that dry nose…naturally!
Many Rotties also struggle with a dry or crusty nose. It can range from a bit of dryness all the way to an extreme version of dog nose dryness in which the nose tissue actually grows wild in layers of crusty skin.
YOUR ROTTWEILER HAS THE DNA OF A TRUE GLADIATOR
Your Rottie may not guard anything more than his favorite spot on the sofa, but he has centuries of breeding for a specific job hardwired into his genetics.
Rottweilers descended from Roman and Greek war dogs from around 75 BC. They were actually outfitted with armor and sent to fight alongside their warrior human compatriots.
During the Middle Ages they were used for bear hunting and also as cattle dogs. A cattle dog’s duties included guarding the herd at night and by day preventing the cattle from straying. They also pulled carts to and from markets with the money earned tied around his neck to keep highway thieves and bandits from robbing the hard-working butchers.
It was only in the past few decades that the Rottie began to be one of the go-to guard and protection dogs.
LET’S STOP AND PONDER THIS – YOUR ROTTWEILER’S ANCESTORS WERE BRED TO…BE AN ACTUAL WARRIOR IN BATTLE, HUNT BEARS, GUARD MONEY FROM HIGHWAY ROBBERS AND CONTROL BULLS!
ROTTWEILER SUPERPOWER IN ACTION
Your Rottie's purpose on earth, his job, his life’s work, is to make sure you and your family are safe and secure. He will use all of his keen senses to do his job, especially his Rottie Superpower – his sense of smell.
With one big sniff your Rottweiler can tell that the guy next door has on too much cologne to just be going bowling (hmm, what could that mean?), that the kids down the road are eating the cookies their mom decorated for the bake sale and that your mother-in-law does not like him at all and she just turned down your street.
A rough, dry nose prevents your Rottie from snagging all this info. The moist skin or nose leather (to be all technical) on a dog’s nose acts like canine smell catching flypaper and catches the smells and odors for examination. If your dog can’t get all the info, he will be less confident, stressed and off his game.
ROTTWEILER NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.