PUG NOSE BUTTER MOISTURIZING MAGIC FOR YOUR PUG'S DRY NOSE
Pugs have some of the cutest faces in the world of dogs. How many of you have started looking at cute Pugs on YouTube and looked up and it was an hour later? My hand is raised! A dry or crusty nose is just not what we want on our cute Pug faces.
Unfortunately, Pugs do have a predisposition toward dry or even crusty noses. If your Pug's nose is covered with crusty layers of overgrown, barnacle looking crud, it may be a condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Don't worry! Pug NOSE BUTTER® was created by The Blissful Dog for all ranges of nose dryness.
A MOIST, HEALTHY NOSE IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT TO YOUR PUG THAN YOU MAY THINK
Did you know a dog’s sense of smell is their SUPERPOWER? With one Puggy sniff your Pug can tell what the dog next door had for dinner, that the kid a few streets over ate all the pizza that was supposed to be for dinner and that the mailman hates knocking on your door and listening to barking Pugs.
While your Pug may not EVER need to sniff out the trail of escaped convicts or lost hikers, his sense of smell is still incredibly important to him.
A dog needs a moist nose surface to act as smell catching flypaper. If your Pug’s nose is dry, he will lick and lick as he tries to moisten it to get the smelly info. Like you shaking the remote and moving it in crazy directions trying to get a connection (I know you do it). This is also why petroleum jelly doesn’t work for dog noses. Sure, it makes them nice and shiny, but it seals off the nose and prevents those good smells from getting through. So your dog will try and rub it off.
NOSE BUTTER® moistens your Pug’s nose and gets rid of that dry kryptonite crud. SUPER SNIFFER PUG IS BACK!
HOW NOSE BUTTER® WORKS TO HELP YOUR PUG HAVE A HEALTHY NOSE
NOSE BUTTER is a rich moisturizer that quickly melts into your dog’s nose in layers to keep the good stuff coming. First, the lighter oils soak in (like almond oil), then the heavier oils are absorbed (ones like castor oil) and last, the rich, yummy butters brings up the rear for maximum moisture and to act as a protective barrier (while still being light enough to let the skin of the nose breathe). Complete ingredients info in TABS below.
PUG ALERT! If your Pug does not like being controlled or held tightly be sure and check out the tips in the TABS below. I always say it is like putting pantyhose on a drunk man to do something to a Pug that they do not want done. Not that I ever put pantyhose on a drunk man…
PUG NOSE BUTTER® OPTIONS
PUG NOSE BUTTER® is available in several sizes of tins and tubes with your choice of Pug labels; Classic Black, Fancy Fawn or Our Pug Duo.
SHOP EVERYTHING BLISSFULLY PUG HERE | PUG COMBOS FEATURING NOSE/PAW/BOO BOO BUTTER, RELAX AROMATHERAPY + SOAPS & SHAMPOOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.