POMERANIAN NOSE BUTTER® MOISTURIZING MAGIC FOR YOUR POM'S ROUGH, DRY NOSE
Pomeranians are sassy, beautiful companions. Their jaunty gait and smiling face makes you want to swoop them up and cuddle them! Sadly, many Poms suffer from a dry or even crusty nose.
It IS distressing to see that adorable Pom face with crust across their nose, plus it must be so uncomfortable for your Pom. While your Pomeranian may just have a bit of regular dryness on their nose (which NOSE BUTTER® will take care of easily), if it is more of a crust or looks like an oyster shell or tree root, your dog may have Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka crusty nose crud.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR POMERANIAN DRY NOSES
NOSE BUTTER is a rich, super moisturizer that melts into your dog’s nose in a unique layered manner. First the lighter oils, like the Almond Oil soak in FAST, next the medium sized oils, such as Olive Oil are absorbed and last, the powerhouse butters melt into your Pom's dry nose infusing it with moisture.
YOUR POMERANIAN'S SNIFFING POWER
Your Pomeranian may not be sniffing out pheasants or grouse in the wild, but he still depends on his nose for a big portion of the info he receives.
Dog’s rely on their sense of smell for much more than we do and being able to sniff and get info makes for a more confident dog. If they are able to gather all the info, of course they feel more in charge of their surroundings. We know your Pom is the little King or Queen of the Castle and being able to sniff out all the scoop reinforces their confidence.
A moist dog nose acts like a scent gathering flypaper for dogs, catching all the scent particles that give our dog’s this info. If their nose is dried out, they lick it and just like us licking chapped lips, it creates an even bigger problem.
NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes, smooths and soothes your Pom's dry nose. This allows your Pomeranian to sniff and get the dog news he needs, which makes for a happier, more confident dog. Plus, he can breathe more freely without having dry crust covering his nose. Your Pom feels better mentally, emotionally and physically when his nose is moist and healthy.
POMERANIAN NOSE BUTTER® OPTIONS IN TINS, TUBES & COMBOS
SHOP EVERYTHING BLISSFUL FOR YOUR POM HERE | FEATURING POMERANIAN COMBOS WITH NOSE/PAW/BOO BOO BUTTER, RELAX AROMATHERAPY + SOAPS AND SHAMPOOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.