PEKINGESE NOSE BUTTER® PAMPERS AND CONDITIONS YOUR PEKE'S LITTLE ROUGH, DRY NOSE
The Pekingese is a truly unique dog - that flat face, the coat that makes them look like a dust mop gone wild and that gait...rolling along with that "I Totally Rule" expression A couple of years ago when the Peke went Best in Show at the Westminster Kennel Club dog show the crowd truly did GO WILD!
Like many other toy dogs, many Pekingese dogs have a bit of a dry or crusty nose. Petes are also prone to a nose condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. This is an extremely dry nose that shows as crusty layers of tissue covering the nose. It can look like barnacles or crusty layers. Yes, it is THAT ugly. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® takes care of your Peke's nose, no matter how dry.
PEKINGESE NOSE BUTTER® LUXURY MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR DOG'S NOSE
PEKINGESE NOSE BUTTER is made from butters and oils (and magic) that moisturize your Peke’s nose in layers. It is how the ingredients interact with each other that makes it work. For example, you can use coconut oil on your Peke’s nose and it will look better, for a little, but not for long. You can also eat one raisin from an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe and I promise, it won’t be the same as a warm oatmeal raisin cookie, fresh from the oven. Now I want a cookie… It is all the ingredients together that make the magic. Dab a bit on for the first few days (usually 2-3 days) then as needed for maintenance (usually once or twice a week). That is truly all there is to it. I still want a cookie.
A PEKINGESE HISTORY TIDBIT
PEKINGESE FACTOID: The Pekingese was supposedly bred to have short, bowed legs to keep them from wandering away from the courts and palaces where they lived a life of guarded luxury.
British troops entered the imperial palace after invading Peking during the Opium War in 1860 and found five Pekingese dogs guarding the body of their mistress. rather than be taken prisoner, she committed suicide.
The five Pekingese were taken to England where two were presented to the Duchess of Wellington, two to the Duke and Duchess of Richmond and Gordon, and one to Queen Victoria,. They were claimed as spoils of war and Queen Victoria named hers “Looty.”
This opened the doors to the Pekingese becoming as admired in the West as they had been in the East. Every single Pekingese in the western world is descended from those five dogs.
PEKINGESE NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS, TUBES & COMBOS
SHOP EVERYTHING PEKINGESE HERE | FEATURING COMBO KITS OF NOSE/PAW/BOO BOO BUTTER, RELAX AROMATHERAPY, SOAPS & SHAMPOOS + MORE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.