PAPILLON NOSE BUTTER® GETS & KEEPS YOUR PAPILLON'S NOSE IN TIP TOP CONDITION
The Papillon is one of the most intelligent of the Toy Breeds. Quick to learn, eager to please and of course, lovely to behold, the Papillon can often suffer from a dry or even crusty nose.
Papillons are also prone a nose condition Nasal Hyperkeratosis. This is an extremely dry nose that causes layers of crusty nose tissue to grow across your dog's nose. It can even look like barnacles or crusty layers.
PAPILLON NOSE BUTTER®
NOSE BUTTER is a rich, super moisturizer that melts into your dog’s nose in a unique layered manner. First the lighter oils, like the Almond Oil soak in FAST, next the medium sized oils, such as Olive Oil are absorbed and last, the powerhouse butters melt into your Papillon’s dry nose infusing it with moisture.
A PAPILLON HISTORY TIDBIT
The papillon’s history and long association with royalty have led to many stories about the breed. Marie Antoinette is said to have walked to the guillotine clutching her small dog under her arm, likely an apocryphal tale. However, tradition has it that Marie Antoinette’s dog was a small spaniel that had been brought to the French court from Spain on the back of pack mules.
According to the story, her pup was spared and cared for in a building in Paris still called the Papillon House. Marie Antoinette’s dog was said to have descended from a very old drop-eared breed known as the Epagneul Nain Continental, or Continental Dwarf/Toy Spaniel that appeared in church frescos and paintings as early as the 13th century. –from Wikipedia.
PAPILLON NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
NOSE BUTTER® IN TINS
- 1 OZ TIN 8.95
- 2 OZ TIN 13.95
- 4 OZ TIN 19.95
- 8 OZ TIN 29.95
- 16 OZ TIN 59.95
NOSE BUTTER® IN TUBES
- .15 OZ TUBE 4.45
- 3-PACK .15 OZ TUBES 9.95
- .50 OZ TUBE 6.95
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
QUICK TIPS ON HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER FROM TIN AND TUBE
Lots of dogs love NOSE BUTTER time and sit quietly for their daily dab. Others…don’t. Just like some people love a foot massage and others don’t. Give lots of treats before, during and after NOSE BUTTER application and your dog will grow to tolerate the process.
- TIN Open tin and scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Open tube and point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
QUICK TIPS FOR CHOOSING WHICH NOSE BUTTER
We offer a variety of sizes of products because DOGS come in all sizes. The breed labels on NOSE BUTTER are just for fun! Pug NOSE BUTTER® is the same as Leonberger NOSE BUTTER®.
TINS OR TUBES?
- TINS Better value per ounce
- Tin is re-usable (get your craft game on)
- Screw top is better for hot climates
- Slider top better for those with grip issues
- TUBES ez to use
- Tubes are no mess as you don't touch product
- Tubes are great for travel
FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
WHAT SIZE TO GET
- Larger sizes = Better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Nose dryness is a condition, it can be kept under control with regular application, but not CURED
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS ALL NATURAL GOOD STUFF QUICK LIST
- Each and every item we sell is individually handcrafted right here in far northern Minnesota by a member of my team and me (Kathy)
SHEA BUTTER is known for its ability to moisturize skin and to help retain the elasticity of skin. Shea butter has also been known to help protect the skin against the damaging effects of the sun while repairing cellular degeneration. Our shea butter is refined and deodorized without the use of harsh chemicals, allowing the shea butter to keep its amazing healing properties.
COCOA SEED BUTTER softens at body temperature and adds a rich, creamy, thick consistency to our butters. Note: There is none of the active ingredient in dark chocolate in the Cocoa Seed Butter we use. So, no harm to your precious dog!
ALMOND OIL is best known for its ability to soften, soothe, and re-condition the skin. It made from raw almond kernels and exceptionally rich in fatty acids.
AVOCADO OIL is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D and E, plus, avocados can provide skin with deep moisture. The avocado oil penetrates the skin but is also thick enough to serve as a protective barrier.
COCONUT OIL is a renowned general moisturizing oil and serves as a protective layer, helping to retain the moisture in your skin. It is great for inflamed and irritated skin, and those with skin sensitivities.
CASTOR OIL is a hard, shiny oil that acts as a “barrier agent and protective medium against harsh conditions and extremes.” Note: There is none of the properties of the ricin that has been in the news (and Breaking Bad). The process that makes it oil eliminates that possibility.
BEESWAX is a wonderful substance secreted by worker honeybees. Beeswax has a higher melting temperature, so it helps the various butters keep their shape and ship better
OLIVE OIL plumps and moisturizes nose tissue with a combo of vitamin E and A. Dry, itchy skin is also often relieved by using olive oil.
ESSENTIAL OILS We use a light dash of essential oils in the lightly scented version, more for the energetic properties rather than the scent, as we respect our dog’s sensitive sense of smell. The oils used are; Cedarwood for grounding, Cypress for connection to the earth and Ylang Ylang for stress reduction and happiness.
SAFE FOR YOUR DOGS AND OURS My very un-legally worded official disclaimer: If you Google a bit you'll find histrionic website articles about "fill in the blank with virtually anything" being bad for you, your dog, the environment and baby unicorns. It's the nature of the world we live in. There are NO active ingredients in our products. NOSE BUTTER won't hurt your dog if they lick some off or each the whole tin. That said, they don't need the calories or all that concentrated fat, so put it away!
- Of course, there is the very slight possibility of an individual dog having an individual reaction to an individual ingredient. If your dog has any symptoms of irritation etc. after using any of our products, stop using them.