MASTIFF NOSE BUTTER® CONDITIONS, SOOTHES AND NOURISHES YOUR BIG DOG'S DRY NOSE
Mastiffs are the regal king of the dog world. Imposing, stately, brave and massive, yes MASSIVE. Unfortunately, some of these noble dogs also suffer from dry or even cracked, crusty noses.
Like many of the other giant breed dogs, many English Mastiffs have a bit of a dry or sometimes crusty nose. We often see Mastiffs with the nose condition known as Nasal Hyperkeratosis. This is an extremely dry nose, with tissue growing uncontrollably that cover the entire nose.
MASTIFF LEGACY OF PROTECTION
For thousands of year Mastiff type dogs have been bred to guard and protect their people, whether their people were warriors, kings or a family in a subdivision. Many years ago that gladiator fighting spirit was toned down to make today's Mastiff a true gentle giant. Rest assured, your Mastiff is hardwired to protect you and your family. You're probably wondering how all that could possibly relate to your dog's dry nose. Keep reading!
YOUR MASTIFF’S SUPERPOWER!
As you know, our dogs gets the majority of their info via their sense of smell. Their nose is their SUPERPOWER!
With one big sniff your Mastiff knows the guy down the road has months worth of gym clothes in his car (dude, do some laundry). Your Mastiff can also tell that the UPS guy dreads delivering packages to your house and the big brown truck just turned down the road to your neighborhood. All this from one sniff!
MASTIFF HAPPY NOSE = MORE CONFIDENT DOG
If your Mastiff’s nose is dry, cracked or crusty it can't attract and secure the scent particles floating through the air. Not only does your Mastiff have an uncomfortable, unattractive dry nose, but his nose is keeping him from being in touch with his surroundings. This inability to gather facts can lead to stress and anxiety in your dog.
Remember those thousands of years of genetic hardwiring to protect? He wants nothing more than to guard your kingdom aka house and home.
Mastiff NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes your dog’s nose in just a few days and regular maintenance usage keeps it that way. Healthy, moist nose = happy, confident dog!
MASTIFF NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS, TUBES & COMBOS
SHOP EVERYTHING MASTIFF HERE | COMBOS WITH NOSE/PAW/ELBOW/BOO BOO BUTTER, RELAX AROMATHERAPY, SOAPS & SHAMPOOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.