ALASKAN MALAMUTE NOSE BUTTER® RICH MOISTURIZERS SOOTHE AND CONDITION YOUR DOG'S DRY NOSE
Often mistaken for a Husky, the Malamute or Alaskan Malamute (their official AKC name), is their own distinct breed with a unique history.
MALAMUTE FACTOID: The Malamute was named after the native Innuit tribe called Malemutes, who settled along the shores of Kotzebue Sound in the upper-western part of Alaska.
The Malamute has a tendency toward a dry or crusty nose. The butters and oils in NOSE BUTTER® act in a synergistic manner, infusing your Malamute’s nose with layer after layer of rich moisturizers. Occasionally we see a Malamute with Nasal Hyperkeratosis. This is an extremely dry nose, with tissue growing uncontrollably that cover the entire nose.
YOUR ALASKAN MALAMUTE'S DRY NOSE IS EASILY CONTROLLED
MALAMUTE NOSE BUTTER is an uber-moisturizer made of ingredients that soak into your dog’s nose using a layered effect. The lighter oil, like almond oil, are quickly absorbed, then the medium weight oils soak in, castor oil is one of this weight, and last, the heavier butters bring up the rear to super moisturize and act as a protective barrier (while still being light enough to allow the nose leather skin to breathe).
A dry or crusty nose prevents your Mal from sniffing out the info he knows is floating in the air around him. Nature tells him to grab the scents and a dry nose does not capture the scent particles properly. This causes stress, frustration, and possibly a feeling of overall unease for your dog. Like we feel when we cannot get a cell phone signal in a sketchy neighborhood with the gas needle on E.
Your Malamute looks better, feels better and is even more confident when his nose is working properly on all levels.
ALASKAN MALAMUTE NOSES ARE BUILT FOR THE COLD
Dogs have highly developed nasal turbinates, an elaborate set of bone and soft-tissue structure, that allow for great to be exchanged between the small arteries and veins inside the nose.
This complex turbinate structure conserves water in cold, arid environments.This is what has allowed dogs to follow man info harsh, cold parts pf the world, when other mammals, who lacked this structure, to do so.
MALAMUTE NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS, TUBES & COMBOS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.