LABRADOR RETRIEVER NOSE BUTTER® KEEPS YOUR LAB'S NOSE IN TIP TOP SNIFFING CONDITION
Labrador Retrievers, aka Labs, are the quintessential family dogs – rock-solid temperament, happy, loyal, handsome and versatile. Their status as #1 Most Popular Dog year after year after year is well deserved.
Many Labs have a predisposition toward having a dry or even crusty, flaky nose. Occasionally we see a Lab with Nasal Hyperkeratosis, which is an extremely dry nose, with tissue growing uncontrollably that cover the entire nose.
WHAT IS YOUR LABRADOR RETRIEVER'S SUPERPOWER?
You probably guessed it! Smelling is your dog’s SUPERPOWER! Of course, you know a dog’s nose is a bazillion times more powerful than ours and they use that sniffer all the time…grabbing smells from the air, processing them in their big nose center of their brain and bookmarking it for later.
Your Lab may have never once chased a bird, carried any game fowl or seen a lake, BUT there are still hundreds of years of DNA telling him to toss that nose in the air and SNIFF! His family heritage runs strong in his heart, soul and NOSE.
Your Lab can wander into the yard, take a quick sniff and know the guy down the road ate a Big Mac and big fries in the car on his way home from work (what about that cholesterol?). Your Lab can even tell that your mother-in-law does not like him at all AND her car just turned the corner for a surprise visit. All with ONE sniff.
HOW LABRADOR RETRIEVER NOSE BUTTER® WORKS ITS MAGIC
NOSE BUTTER moisturizes and nourishes your Lab's nose with all sorts of rich, healing ingredients. Follow the directions included in your order (and below in the tabs) and in just a few days your Lab will be looking and feeling better. Then use NOSE BUTTER as needed for maintenance - usually 1-3 times a week.
Having his superpower in full force helps your Lab look better, breathe more easily and be more centered and secure, as he is getting his info easily and comfortably with every sniff.
Your Labrador Retriever looks better, feels better and is much more secure when his nose is working on all levels. MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY & EMOTIONALLY NOSE BUTTER helps your Lab be his best.
LABRADOR RETRIEVER NOSE BUTTER® OPTIONS TINS & TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.