JUST A NOSE DOG NOSE BUTTER® ALL NATURAL SUPPORT FOR YOUR DOG'S DRY DOG NOSE
For those of you who prefer the clean simplicity of the JUST A NOSE label we present the…wait for it…JUST A NOSE Collection.
NOSE BUTTER ACTUALLY MAKES YOUR DOG SMARTER
That may sound a bit outrageous, hang in here with me and you'll see...
YOUR DOG’S DRY NOSE CAUSES STRESS & ANXIETY
Your dog gets much of his info from his sense of smell. A healthy, moist nose snags the scent particles that carry canine information as they float by. A dry nose cannot capture the heavenly smells your dog depends on for info. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it.
A chronically dry nose can lead to a life-time of your dog not being at their best. Your dog knows there is a world of info just a sniff away and his dry nose blocks him from accessing it.
Think of your dog having a dry nose as being like this…you are driving along an unfamiliar, dark stretch of deserted road and feel that awful lurch of a flat tire. You are so grateful you have roadside service! You pull over, heart still pounding, tap your phone and see NO BARS. You walk around, contorting yourself into insane positions as you lift your phone to the sky in a vain attempt to capture the elusive bars. It is frustrating and scary! This is how your dog feels when he is unable to sniff properly and get the connection he wants and needs.
NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes your dog’s nose, reviving and softening the tissues with layers of organic and natural butters and oils.
When your dog has a healthy, moist, sniffing on point nose, he looks better, feels better physically with no more chunks of crust on his nose and able to breathe more freely and he feels better mentally and emotionally, now that he is getting all the sniffable good info.
SO...HEALTHY MOIST NOSE = HAPPIER DOG GETTING ALL THE INFO AVAILABLE TO ALL HIS CANINE SENSES = A SMARTER DOG!
I TOLD YOU WE'D GET THERE...
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS THE EXTREME VERSION OF CANINE DRY NOSE
If crust covers your dog’s whole nose and looks like barnacles or scab (see above), your dog may have a condition known as Nasal Hyperkeratosis (more info here). Don’t despair, NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes all levels of dryness from just a bit to the more extreme Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
ALL NATURAL INDIVIDUALLY HANDCRAFTED NOSE BUTTER®
Dog noses come in all sizes from the tiniest Yorkie sniffer to a Mastiff's giant snout. So of course, NOSE BUTTER® comes in quite a few sizes, from lip balm sizes .15 oz tubes all the way up to full pound tin, yep 16 ounces.
TINS SIZE OPTIONS: 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 OZ | TUBE SIZE OPTIONS: .15 (Lip Balm Size), .50 & 2 OZ
THE BLISSFUL DOG COMBO KITS FEATURING NOSE BUTTER, PAW BUTTER, ELBOW BUTTER, BOO BOO BUTTER & RELAX DOG AROMATHERAPY AVAILABLE HERE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.