HAVANESE NOSE BUTTER® ALL NATURAL, CONDITIONER MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR DOG'S ROUGH DRY NOSE
The Havanese dog is an incredibly handsome dog – jaunty, confident and fun to be around. Like many of the flatter faced toy dogs, they often have a bit of a dry nose, maybe even some crustiness.
The dryness can be from an allover dry nose to crustiness to an extremely dry nose in which has overgrown tissue covering it, called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. No worries, NOSE BUTTER® works on all ranges of dry dog noses…from a bit of dryness to extreme nasal hyperkeratosis.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR A HAPPIER, HEALTHIER HAVANESE
If your dog's nose is dry and crusty he cannot sniff the air and know what is going on. A dry dog nose won’t grab the scent particles like the wet surface of a healthy dog nose, thus preventing your dog from getting the info they need. So, not only is a dry nose uncomfortable, unsightly and can impede their breathing, it can also add stress to your little dog's life.
NOSE BUTTER is a rich moisturizer, individually handcrafted here in MN using ingredients that soak into your dog’s nose in layers. The lighter oils, like almond oil, soak in fast, then the next level of oils are absorbed, olive oil or castor oil, then the shea butter and cocoa seed butter melts in, acting as a super moisturizer and light barrier of protective goodness. Of course, NOSE BUTTER® is light enough for the nose leather skin to breathe and absorb the juicy smells your dog loves.
Your HAVANESE looks better, feels better and more relaxed when his nose is working on all levels
HAVANESE NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.