GREAT PYRENEES DOG NOSE BUTTER® MOISTURIZES AND SOOTHES YOUR HARD-WORKING PYR'S ROUGH, DRY NOSE
The Great Pyrenees, or Pyr as their fans call them, is one of the more ancient breeds. For centuries they have guarded livestock the world over with quiet dignity and grace. As times have changed the Pyr has also become a beloved companion and family dog.
Like many of the other giant breeds, the Great Pyrenees can develop a cracked nose or ridge of crust across the top of the nose.
The dryness may range from a bit of a dry nose to patches of crustiness on to an extremely dry nose in which the nose has overgrown tissue covering it, called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® treats all levels of dog nose dryness.
A MOIST HEALTHY NOSE IS A GREAT BIG DEAL TO YOUR GREAT PYRENEES
The Great Pyrenees has thousands years of genetic hardwiring imprinted onto their DNA. This hardwiring tells them to oversee their charges and protect them. While I am sure those Pyrs 1000 years ago lay in the sun and kinda kept an eye on the sheep, when a wolf DID come sniffing around they sprang into action and did what needed to be done.
Your Pyr may do no more than keep chipmunks out of the yard, but the genetic hardwiring is still there. In your Pyrenees world keeping that squirrel out of the yard is as big a deal as that ancient Pyr keeping wolves at bay. That is what he was born to do.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR A HAPPIER, HEALTHIER GREAT PYRENEES
If your dog’s nose is dry and crusty they cannot sniff the air and know what is going on. A dry dog nose won’t grab the scent particles like the wet surface of a healthy dog nose, thus preventing your dog from getting the info they need. I know it may seem like a stretch, but hang in there with me.
If your dog cannot get all the info their DNA is telling them they are supposed to, they will be a bit on edge, maybe anxious and not on top of their game. Like us trying to get a cell phone signal while driving through a sketchy part of town looking for a gas station. NOSE BUTTER quickly gets your Pyr's nose back in shape, which allows them to get all that info they need to be at their best.
Your GREAT PYRENEES looks better, feels better and is a more relaxed companion with a healthy nose.
Our Great Pyrenees, Zoe, is one of the most wonderful dogs I have ever been lucky enough to have in my life. To all other Great Pyrenees lovers...aren't we lucky?
GREAT PYRENEES NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS, TUBES & COMBO KITS
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.