GOLDEN RETRIEVER NOSE BUTTER® ALL NATURAL GOOD STUFF TO KEEP YOUR GOLDEN'S NOSE HEALTHY...NATURALLY!
Honest, dependable and good looking to boot. I dare anyone to look at a happy Golden wagging her tail and not smile. Unfortunately, many Goldens develop a dry, crusty or even cracked nose.
Is your Golden’s nose a little dry, looks dull or a bit rough? NOSE BUTTER® revitalizes and moisturizes that dry nose back into shape FAST! Does your Goldens nose have layers of crust? Is it forming thick, chunky layers or does the crust look like some from The Hobbit? If so, it may be a common dog nose condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® was created for all ranges of dog nose dryness.
A MOIST, HEALTHY NOSE HELPS YOUR GOLDEN RETRIEVER FEEL BETTER ON ALL LEVELS
That may seem a bit of a stretch. My telling you that NOSE BUTTER® makes your Golden happy and confident. Hang in there, I promise it makes sense....
Lord Tweedmouth (I cannot make these names up) dedicated himself to breeding a golden blonde dog for hunting. He took dogs bred from the now extinct Tweed Water Spaniel, the Newfoundland, the Irish Setter and a variety of water spaniels to start his bloodlines.
Lord Tweedmouth wanted to develop a dog which was loyal, kind, active, happy, and loved the water. His estate, near Inverness, Scotland, was perfect for working with a water-loving, bird-fetching breed! They were called Flat-Coated Retrievers – Golden variety originally. Their multi-purpose hunting abilities and easy-going family dog charm and of course, their glorious golden good looks made them popular the world over rather quickly.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR A MORE SECURE, RELAXED GOLDEN RETRIEVER
Hang in there! There is a purpose to the Golden Retriever History lesson…
Your Golden has the venerable Lord Tweedmouth's (YES, that is a real name) golden dogs DNA coursing through his veins. Generations of dogs bred to find birds and bring them back to their person. That means an even stronger level of sniffing ability was bred into the Golden genetics.
Even if all your Golden does is sniff for crumbs on the floor that DNA is still urging him to use the info he gathers to process and make decisions on how to act. Of course dogs' noses are a bazillion times more powerful than ours and, of course, I wrote about it HERE. If your Golden Retriever's nose is dry, crusty or cracked he is not getting all the info he needs.
NOSE BUTTER® returns your dog’s nose to a moist, healthy state and thus, helps your dog not only look his best, but also feel more confident. Your GOLDEN RETRIEVER looks better, feels better and is more relaxed. Win! Win!
GOLDEN RETRIEVER NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES???? Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.