GOLDEN RETRIEVER NOSE BUTTER® All Natural Good Stuff To Keep Your Golden's Nose Healthy
Honest, dependable and good looking to boot. I dare anyone to look at a happy Golden wagging her tail and not smile.
Is your Golden’s nose a little dry, looks dull or a bit rough? NOSE BUTTER® revitalizes and moisturizes that dry nose back into shape FAST! Does your Goldens nose have layers of crust? Is it forming thick, chunky layers or does the crust look like some from The Hobbit? If so, it may be a common dog nose condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® was created for all ranges of dog nose dryness.
A Bit Of Golden Retriever History
Lord Tweedmouth (I cannot make these names up) dedicated himself to breeding a golden blonde dog for hunting. He took dogs bred from the now extinct Tweed Water Spaniel, the Newfoundland, the Irish Setter and a variety of water spaniels to start his bloodlines.
Lord Tweedmouth wanted to develop a dog which was loyal, kind, active, happy, and loved the water. His estate, near Inverness, Scotland, was perfect for working with a water-loving, bird-fetching breed! They were called Flat-Coated Retrievers – Golden variety originally. Their multi-purpose hunting abilities and easy-going family dog charm and of course, their glorious golden good looks made them popular the world over rather quickly.
A Healthy Nose Keeps Your Golden Retriever Feeling Their Best Mentally, Emotionally and Physically
That may seem a bit of a stretch. My telling you that NOSE BUTTER® makes your Golden happy and confident. Hang in there, I promise it makes sense....
Hang in there! There is a purpose to the Golden Retriever History lesson…
Your Golden has the DNA of the venerable Lord Tweedmouth's dogs DNA coursing through his veins. Generations of dogs bred to find birds and bring them back to their person. That means an even stronger level of sniffing ability was bred into the Golden genetics. Even if all your Golden sniffs for crumbs on the floor that DNA is still urging him to use the info he gathers to process and make decisions on how to act. He NEEDS his nose to work at 100%.
Of course dogs' noses are a bazillion times more powerful than ours and, of course, I wrote about it HERE. If your Golden Retriever's nose is dry, crusty or cracked he is not getting all the info he needs.
NOSE BUTTER® returns your dog’s nose to a healthy state and thus, helps your dog not only look his best, but also feel more confident. Your GOLDEN RETRIEVER looks better, feels better and is more relaxed. Win! Win!
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO USE NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATPSIS YOUR DOG'S EXTREMELY DRY NOSE
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.