• Free Shipping USA
• Free Priority over $50 USA
• Intl Price Varies
• Complete Shipping info here
The Blissful Dog
50534 235th Avenue
Clearbrook, MN 5663
Call us 1.855.DOG.BLISS
Goldendoodles are happy, family-friendly dogs. Their golden smiles and bouncy gait endear them to all. I double dog dare you to look ay a happy GoldenDoodle and not smile! As you know, Goldendoodles are bred from Standard Poodle and Golden Retriever parents...a true Love Match! Good looks, personality galore! In addition to their striking looks, intelligence, and family-friendly personality many Golden Doodles sadly get a dry nose condition from both sets of parents.
You may have noticed your Golden Doodle sniffing around the yard and wondered what was so fascinating. One sniff brings your dog a whole Google search of info. A healthy nose grabs info-packed scent particles like flypaper and gives your dog all the scoop. A dry, crusty nose doesn’t snag those good smells, leaving your dog annoyed, frustrated, and anxious. We can't have your GoldenDoodle bouncing around without all the info rthey need! Keep reading!
Dry dog noses range from a bit dry to the extremely dry nose condition known as nasal hyperkeratosis. A dry nose is not a severe, deadly condition, but it has to be uncomfortable for your dog AND it looks bad. Who wants to be asked, "What is wrong with your dog's nose?" at the dog park.
This dryness can be caused by a dry climate, low humidity, illness, medications, stress or breed disposition.
The extreme dry nose, Nasal Hyperkeratosis, is an idiopathic condition (medical speak for don't have a clue) that causes nose tissue to grow uncontrollably, covering the nose in layers of scabby, skin crust.
See the FAQs below for more exciting dry dog nose info. Well, exciting to you, me and your dog.
Since 2002 Nose Butter has been individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog crew in far Northern Minnesota using all-natural ingredients that we can all pronounce!
• Shea butter
• Almond oil
• Olive oil
• Coconut oil
• Castor oil
• Cocoa seed butter
• Avocado oil
Bliss Bit!Nose Butter is a very thick, stiff consistency so it will work on the tough skin/tissue of your dog's dry nose.
Which is Best? Tin or Tube?
• Tubes allow for no-mess application
• Tins offer hands-on application
What Size Should I Get?
Nose Butter is available in five sizes of tins and three tube sizes. Why so many? Dogs come in all sizes from Chinese Cresteds to Tibetan Mastiffs, so choose accordingly.
Why So Many Dog Breed Labels?
Nose Butter® is the exact same product no matter the label. The dog breed labels celebrate canine diversity and our dog geekness.
Don’t see your breed? Every Dog Nose or 3 Cute Puppies are general labels.
#1 Tip - Warm product before application for faster absorption
• To warm; stick in your pocket, bra, or scoop some out & warm in palm
• Open the tin or tube
• Gently control your dog's face (jowls, side of face or under their chin)
• Don't use a head-lock - that is a big trigger
• Tag Team - have someone hold & you apply
• (Tin) Scoop a bit out appropriate to the size of your dog’s nose
• Dab it on their nose (doesn't have to be precise)
• You do not have to rub it in, it will melt quickly, especially if you warmed it up a bit
• Distract to keep them from licking or rubbing it off
• Repeat 2-3x a day for 1-3 days or until nose is back in shape
• Then use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week)
It's not rocket science, but there are tips that make application faster and easier for you and your dog.
• Give a cookie or treat before, during and after application
• Cuddles, pets, repeat as needed
• Feed their dinner (with extra yummies)
• Play your dog's fave game
• Throw a ball
• Go for a walk
• Pet them, lavish praise on them for their overall good dog-ness
• TIP! Not only does something positive (like cookies) take their mind off having something done to them, it also build an association between GOOD STUFF and Nose Butter application.
• Apply as in the previous tip
• After 2-3 days of multiple daily application (do the best you can, 2-3x a day is great), test the crusty stuff with a bit of tissue and see if it will crumbles off
• If it does NOT crumble right off (it will look like black, greasy dirt), keep applying Nose Butter 2-3x a day until it easily, without picking, comes off.
• Resist the urge to pick as tempting as it may be.
The crusty stuff is actually skin and hurts your dog if you pick it off, just like us pulling a scab off a skinned knee too soon.
The Bad News is there is no CURE for Nasal Hyperkeratosis, it is a condition.
If you stop using Nose Butter, the dryness and crust will probably come back.
The Good News is maintenance usage of Nose Butter keeps the Nasal Hyperkeratosis under control.
When our hands are really cracked and dry we can use lotion to get them in shape, but we can't slather lotion on our hands once and be moisturized for life.
Like cutting your dog's toenails...Nose Butter is part of their health care regimen.
Ouch! That stung! It's not that your dog dislikes Nose Butter (we hope not), they DO dislike being held tightly and restrained.
Bully and flat-faced breeds already have compromised breathing systems due to their adorable flat faces. If held tightly they will struggle to protect their breathing.
Toy breeds know they are small and will often put up an unbelievable tussle to get away.
Dogs are often triggered by being held tightly or controlled. This may come from puppy play, when they wrestle and play-fight. It's not fun for dogs (or us) to have siblings pile on and make us feel helpless. (I'm looking at my three sisters).
Also, keep the mood upbeat and fun. Make a game of applying Nose Butter and follow it up with treats and most dogs can be won over.
Very happy! His nose looks so much better🙂
I applied it 1-2 times a day for just a few days and my dog's nose it nearly all better. He does lick it off as soon as I put it on him so now I put it on and then give him wet food right away and it stays on. Excellent product!
The ease of this product is amazing. My dogs feet, and nose are protected from the harsh New England weather. Thanks for creating The Blissful Dog.
This has worked miracles on my Walker’s nose. I was using vitamin E before and it didn’t work near as well as this. I would highly recommend this product.
Our dog had issues with their nose cracking to where part of their nose would peel off. The nose butter has made their nose so much better and feeling better too.
My dogs nose has been excessively cracked, dry, and in some spots peeling from whatever is happening. We had a bleeding issue that resulted in a emergency vet visit. Luckily, she had a cut in her nose where all the swelling was occurring. We have used the nose balm for three weeks and what an improvement. He nose is still dry but with the nose balm, the other issues have subsided. I can even apply the balm without incident any longer. I am thankful for this product. It has been a wonderful relief for our Aussie!
The Vet told me Teddy had colly nose, thought I would try the Blissful Dog nose butter. After a few applications on his nose and snout & some sores on his ears they looked good, now I only apply the nose butter every couple of days. During this hot weather I noticed him nipping at himself which caused quite a few scabs and welts all over his body, I thought why not try the nose butter, I applied the nose butter to the scabs & sores, it helped decrease the itching and scabs, they are almost all gone by now.