GERMAN SHORTHAIRED & WIRE-HAIRED POINTER NOSE BUTTER® SOOTHES & MOISTURIZES YOUR POINTER'S HARD-WORKING NOSE
The GERMAN SHORTHAIRED POINTER & GERMAN WIREHAIRED POINTER are outstanding family dogs, one of the best of the best of hunting dogs and of course, a very best friend. The GSP and GWP adore being with their family every minute of the day whether hunting, exploring the field or sleeping on the sofa.
A dry, crusty or cracked nose is uncomfortable for your GSP and frustrating for you! NOSE BUTTER’S layers of moisturizing goodness hydrate your dog’s nose FAST. Occasionally we see a German Shorthair with an extremely dry nose which has overgrown tissue covering it, called Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
YOUR GERMAN SHORTHAIRED POINTER'S SUPERPOWER...SENSE OF SMELL!
Your GSP’s sense of smell is his SUPERPOWER. In addition to his skills at both finding and bring birds back to his people, the GSP has an acute sense of smell, even among the super noses with the dog world. Centuries of breeding has instilled this super sniffing ability into your German Shorthair’s DNA. Even if your dog never even SEES a field his entire life, he still has the scenting ability of a top field trial winner. Naturally!
Your Pointer can take one sniff and know the guy down the street put too much pepper on the steaks again (his wife is gonna be mad), the kid up the road snuck/sneaked pizza into his bedroom again and the pizza delivery guy on his way up the street dreads coming to your house, as you love to sniff him and sniff him and sniff him. Yes, one quick whiff tells him all of that and he didn't even break a pant.
If your dog’s nose is rough, dry or crusty, he cannot get all the good smells he knows he needs. A healthy, moist dog nose is like scent grabbing flypaper. Scents float by and the dog nose moisture pulls them in for your dog to process. Oh yeah, it is an amazing process.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR GERMAN SHORTHAIRED POINTER AVAILABLE IN TINS & TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.