French Bulldog Focus Dog Aromatherapy for Your Frenchie's Concentration
Go-Go-Go or I Don't Hear You?
Your Frenchie may be an energetic, wound-tight dog. Busy, busy busy. Or, your French Bulldog may be one of those who loves to have his own way - stubborn and indifferent to what YOU want him to do!. Sometimes it seems as if your Frenchie is paying attention to everything except YOU.
All of the Bulldog breeds are known for their selective span. It is truly part of their charm. Until it isn't.
PUHLEEEZ, Pay Attention
Whether you are attempting obedience class, training for a dog show or just want to teach your busy Frenchie to SIT, you may need help getting that canine concentration you yearn for. Frenchies are often food motivated, so a combo of a tasty tidbit and Focus Dog Aromatherapy may be just the thing!
Relax Dog Aromatherapy Calms Your Anxious Dog
Situations That Require Canine Focus
• Obedience class & practice • Conformation class • Dog Show competition • Agility class & competition • Field training • Field Trials • Hunting • Hunting training & trials • Tracking • Tracking training & trials • Retrieving • Retriever training & trials
Focus Product Info
• .45 oz Roll-On Bottle • 2.7 oz Aluminum Spray Bottle • Your Choice of Dog Breed Labels • Complete Directions Brochure
• Begin application of Focus 10-15 minutes before class or event • Calmly praise your dog • Reapply as needed • Use Spray and Roll-on together for maximum effectiveness
Using Focus Roll-on • Roll inside ears or on belly • Roll on your hands & pet dog
Using Focus Spray • Shake gently before using • Spray dog–from ears back • Spray hands & pet dog • Spray washcloth & rub dog • Spray bed, crate & inside car
Focusing on the Prize
Most of the emotional balancing our dogs need stems from these core basic needs. To be receptive to learning or training dogs need to feel safe. Being safe allows them to be open to training. • Grounded • Relaxed • Present
For dogs, feeling safe is the #1 most important feeling. If they do not feel safe, they won't let their guard down and be able to learn. Just as we don't do well under intense stress neither do our dogs.
That's why you don't see many Great Pyrenees in obedience competitions. They are incredibly intelligent and great at thinking on their own. They do not tend to follow commands very well unless they understand why. Aside: That's part of why I love Pyrs so much!
Of course some breeds seem to be more eager to learn than others. Early dog breeders selected characteristics they bred for, just as is done today.
Early breeders would have looked for qualities such as ability to focus on a scent and trail a scent/flush the birds/retrieve the prey and bred those dogs together.
Dogs are as individual as we are as to what motivates us, as we touched on earlier. You may have attentive and totally inattentive puppies in the same litter of any breed.
The essence of Focus is to calm your dog's anxiety and allow them to focus, feel safe and ready to train or compete.
Begin application of Focus Dog Aromatherapy 10-15 minutes before the class, event or competition.
• Calmly reassure your dog • Reapply as needed • Use Spray and Roll-on together for maximum effectiveness
Bliss Tip!You can also spray Focus on your dog's bedding or in their crate if you are traveling to an event, a small toy or washcloth if you can use that at the class/event like bait.
What do you think of when you smell turkey baking? Thanksgiving with family, possibly. What about the smell of a barn? Riding horses at your cousins farm. Smells evoke so many connections for memories for us, imagine how much more intense that is for our dogs!
You can use the scent of Focus to act as a shortcut for your dog to know it is class or show time. This next exercise can be done when you first begin using Focus Dog Aromatherapy. You can create a connection for your dog between a feeling of safety and focused attention and the smell of the Focus. The scent becomes a “shortcut” that calms and focuses your dog more quickly.
Creating The Scent Shortcut
• Find a quiet spot where your dog feels safe and secure • Block out this time for you and your dog (phone off) • Roll/spray some Focus Dog Aromatherapy on your hands and gently pet your dog • Then roll/spray the Focus on your dog’s belly or inside ears • Allow the connection to grow and the Focus to settle. • Then have a phrase you will use to start each class/event. Back in the day when I showed my Frenchies I would tap my collarbone area and say, "Watch Mama." I know, I know, it evolved and before I realized that phrase was stuck. Please, come up with something better for yourself. • Then do a practice exercise or two, whatever works for you. • When you're through have a different phrase to associate with the end of the focus time. "Let's Go Home," "All Done" anything to indicate the end of work.
Remember, Focus Dog Aromatherapy will not have your formerly hyperactive dog immediately hanging on your every word.
Focus is another tool to use in training your dog. Like a show lead or training collar.
Of course, each dog will react differently, some may be slightly more attentive, some will completely focus on you and some may have no reaction at all.
Watch for nuances of reaction in your dog. Some dogs respond to the first usage and others may take a couple of instances. Give it a few tries.
Think of it like how some people take Benadryl and are drowsy, others become hyper and others have no visible effects at all.
Our deepest wish is for Focus Dog Aromatherapy is for you and your dog to have a more enjoyable time at class and/or events.
Years ago aromatherapy for dogs was considered a bit woo-woo. Info was hard to find and books were few (yes, books). Now, in the information abundance age there is almost too much info to be found.
What We Know To Be True
• Use only quality essential oils, never fragrance oils* • Dilute, dilute, dilute • Find resources you can trust • Do not use fragrance oils on your pet - either straight or diluted
Our aromatherapy blends have been diluted to a safe range for usage on all dogs, from Chihuahua puppies to adult Mastiffs.
*Fragrance oils are great for candles and human cleaning products, but NOT for usage on pets or yourself. They are only to make a candles, cleaning products etc. smell good.