French Bulldog Nose Butter® For Your Frenchie's Rough, Dry Nose
French Bulldogs are little clowns, full of mischief and sass! Unfortunately, many Frenchies are prone to dry, rough, even crusty noses. NOSE BUTTER® will have your Frenchies nose looking and feeling fabulous again in days…naturally, of course.
French Bulldog All Natural Nose Butter®
Frenchies burst into the spotlight with a sudden blast of popularity within the last few years! Not so surprising for those of us who have lived with these enchanting gremlins for years. When I got my first Frenchie in the early 1990s they were ranked in the 80s in AKC popularity and now they are in the Top Ten. With this popularity comes increased responsibility for those of us who have had these little dogs for decades to share the Frenchie care secrets. Actually, NOSE BUTTER® was born out of a need to control my own French Bulldogs dry noses!
French Bulldogs and Nasal Hyperkeratosis
As you know, French Bulldogs have a predisposition toward having a rough, dry or crusty nose. Your Frenchie's nose may have just a bit of dryness or it may be covered in layers of crusty, barnacle looking crud (like oils below). This extreme dryness may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis, a condition of unknown origins that causes unchecked nasal tissue growth (more info in tabs below). The Good News is NOSE BUTTER® will have your Frenchies nose back in shape in days!
A Healthy Nose Is A Big Deal To Your Frenchie
Your French Bulldog may not sniff more than a Cheeto that rolled under the sofa. But that doesn’t mean having a healthy nose isn't important. The moist skin tissue on their nose (nose leather) acts like flypaper and attracts info-packed scents from the air. If your dog’s nose is rough or dry, it can't attract the info needed for your dog to make decisions.
Not being able to gather information is stressful and exhausting for our dogs. Plus, they lick and lick in a futile attempt to moisten their dry noses. And of course, that dries their nose out even more. Like us licking chapped lips (you licked your lips just now, I know you did). Dogs who have dry noses are at an information disadvantage and it can make them less confident and insecure.
Imagine driving on an unfamiliar road at night, in the rain and glancing down at your phone to see NO SERVICE. No map, no way to call for help is needed. You would probably be frustrated, irritated or even truly scared, depending on the situation. That is how your Frenchie feels when they can't get the info they need!
French Bulldog Nose Butter® Product Info
- Individually handcrafted, mixed and poured here at The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used (details below)
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm sized) or .50 oz tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete tips, hints and directions booklet
- All 6 French Bulldogs Label (single labels with other Frenchie colors in other listings)
- In frosty gift bag
- Complete ingredients and usage info in tabs below
Complete Ingredients Info + Tips on Using Your Nose Butter
HOW TO USE NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATPSIS YOUR DOG'S EXTREMELY DRY NOSE
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.