FRENCH BULLDOG NOSE BUTTER® HANDCRAFTED MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR FRENCHIE'S DRY, CRUSTY NOSE
French Bulldogs are little clowns, full of mischief and sass! Unfortunately, many Frenchies are prone to dry, rough, even crusty noses. NOSE BUTTER® will have your Frenchies nose looking and feeling fabulous again in days…naturally, of course.
FRENCH BULLDOG ALL NATURAL TREATMENT FOR DRY, CRUSTY NOSES
The French Bulldog burst into the spotlight with a sudden blast of popularity! Not so surprising for those of us who have lived with these enchanting gremlins for years. When I got my first Frenchie in the early 1990s they were ranked in the 80s in AKC popularity and now they are in the Top Ten. With that popularity comes increased responsibility for those of us who have had these little dogs for decades to share the Frenchie care secrets. Actually, NOSE BUTTER® was born out of a need to control my own French Bulldogs dry noses!
As you know, French Bulldogs have a predisposition toward having a rough, dry or crusty nose. Your Frenchie's dry nose may just have a bit of dryness or a teeny bit of crust or it may be covered in layers of crusty, barnacle looking crud. This extreme dryness may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Don't despair, NOSE BUTTER® for French Bulldogs will have your Frenchies nose back in shape in days!
A MOIST HEALTHY NOSE IS A BIG DEAL TO YOUR FRENCHIE
Your French Bulldog may not sniff more than the Cheeto that rolled under the sofa. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t a need for a healthy nose. The moistness of the skin tissue on their nose (nose leather) acts like dog smelling flypaper and snags all the info-packed scoop that is floating around. If your dog’s nose is rough or dry, it won’t be able to attract all the info. A sandpaper nose won't grab the smells!
Not being able to gather information in the manner dogs have for eons is stressful and exhausting for our dogs. Plus, they lick and lick in a futile attempt to moisten their dry noses. And of course, that dries their nose out even more. Like us licking chapped lips (you licked your lips just now, I know you did). I truly believe that dogs who have dry noses are at an information disadvantage and it can make them less confident and insecure.
NOSE BUTTER® hydrates and moisturizes your Frenchie’s nose and enables them to toss that flat face up in the air and SNIFF. And THAT is why a moist nose is a big deal for our Frenchies. Well, and to find that Cheeto under the sofa.
FRENCH BULLDOG NOSE BUTTER® IS AVAILABLE IN SEVERAL SIZES OF TINS & TUBES WITH YOUR CHOICE OF FRENCHIE LABELS
FRENCH BULLDOG LABEL OPTIONS: BRINDLE | CREAM | FAWN | BLACK MASKED FAWN | PIED | FAB 5 FRENCHIES (Options shown in images)
FOR EVERYTHING BLISSFULLY FRENCH BULLDOG COMBO KITS, SOAPS & SHAMPOOS SHOP HERE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.