Dachshund NOSE BUTTER® Handcrafted, All Natural Moisturizing Goodness For Your Weiner Dog's Dry Nose
Dachshunds are digging machines. That nose pokes into everything and can often suffer the ill effects of being poked into the ground. NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes your Dachshund’s dry, crusty or cracked nose in days.
If your dog’s nose is dry in patches or somewhat dry all over or has a small ridge of crust on the top, you’re at the right place. If your Dachshund’s nose is really crusty or has layers of crud on it, it may be an extreme form of dryness known as Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is any level of dry nose issue can be easily treated and a healthy balance maintained with routine NOSE BUTTER® usage.
Your Dachshund's Sense of Smell Is His SUPERPOWER!
Your Doxie’s sense of smell is his SUPERPOWER, well, next to being able to virtually dIg through anything in record time! While the Dachshund was bred to dig, dig and dig some more after badgers, they had to FIND the badger first.
Why A Healthy Nose Is A Big Deal To Your Doxie
If your Dachshund’s nose is dry or crusty, the scent particles that are floating around with interesting info won’t stick when they hit your dog’s nose. Your dog will miss all the neighborhood dirt. Think of your dog’s moist, healthy nose as having scent catching flypaper on it. The smells stick to it, bringing all the scoop for your dog.
Not knowing what is going on can lead to your dog becoming less confident and even hesitant. Imagine entering an unfamiliar building when the power is out and your phone is dead. You would be feeling your way along and it would be pretty daunting! Seriously, FOMOS (Fear Of Missing Out On Smells) for your dog!
Dachshund Nose Butter Product Info
- Individually handcrafted, mixed and poured here at The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used (details below)
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm sized) or .50 oz tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete tips, hints and directions booklet
- Dachshund Trio: Smooth, Longhair and Wire Dachshund on the label
- In frosty gift bag
- Complete ingredients info and usage directions in tabs below
Complete Ingredients Info + Usage Directions
HOW TO USE NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATPSIS YOUR DOG'S EXTREMELY DRY NOSE
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.