DACHSHUND NOSE BUTTER® HANDCRAFTED ALL NATURAL MOISTURE FOR YOUR WEINER DOG'S DRY NOSE
Dachshunds are digging machines. That nose pokes into everything and can often suffer the ill effects of being poked into the ground. NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes your Dachshund’s dry, crusty or cracked nose in days.
While not as common as in Pugs, Boxers, Bulldogs and Frenchies, we do see quite a few Doxies with dry nose issues. If your dog’s nose is dry in patches or somewhat dry all over or has a small ridge of crust on the top, you’re at the right place. NOSE BUTTER® will hydrate, smooth and soften your dog’s nose FAST.
There is a condition, Nasal Hyperkeratosis, in which the nose is overgrown with excess nose skin tissue (a protein overgrowth). If your Dachshund’s nose is really crusty or has layers of crud on it, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is any level of dry nose issue can be easily treated and a healthy balance maintained with routine NOSE BUTTER® usage.
YOUR DACHSHUND SENSE OF SMELL IS HIS SUPERPOWER
Your Doxie’s sense of smell is his SUPERPOWER, well, next to being able to virtually dIg through anything in record time! While the Dachshund was bred to dig, dig and dig some more, they also had to FIND the prey.
So, Dachshunds have been breed since the 18th century to find the prey and get to it, even if that meant digging through hard-packed earth. Even if your Doxie will never ever have to dig any create out of anything, the DNA is still there.
Even today your Dachshund can sniff the air and in one deep whiff know that the neighbor dog dug a dirty diaper out of the trash (he’s going to get in trouble) and the neighbor at the end of the block is putting way too much garlic into his spaghetti sauce and that the mail carrier does not like him at all. All with a sniff of the air!
WHY A MOIST NOSE IS A GREAT BIG DEAL TO YOUR DOXIE
If your dog’s nose is dry or crusty, the scent particles that are floating around with all this interesting info won’t stick when they hit your dog’s nose. Your dog will miss all the neighborhood scoop. Think of your dog’s moist, healthy nose as having scent catching flypaper on it. The smells stick to it, bringing with them all the scoop for your dog.
Not knowing what is going on can lead to your dog becoming less confident and even hesitant. Imagine entering an unfamiliar building when the power is out and your phone is dead. You would be feeling your way along and it would be pretty daunting! Seriously, FOMO for your dog!
DACHSHUND NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.