NOSE BUTTER® for Your Corgi's Rough, Dry Nose
From the tip of their nose to that social media darling of a wiggle butt, your Corgi is probably mischief in a fur suit! We can't have your Corgi presenting a dry nose to their adoring public, can we?
All kidding aside, if your Corgi has a bit of a dry nose or even the more extreme version of canine dry nose called Nasal Hyperkeratosis, Nose Butter can help. .
Why a Healthy Nose is a Big Deal to Your Corgi
Your Corgi may never run hot on the trail of escaped convicts or be invited to join a search and rescue party, but his sniffer still has some serious work ethic genetics in his DNA.
Corgis were bred to snip at the heels of cattle and move them from point A to pint B. Their short, stocky legs kept them at perfect nipping height...almost ground level. They had to be able to sense, smell and see every move the annoyed cow was going to make or risk a swift kick!
A rough, dry nose keeps your Corgi from gathering up the smells, leaving him uncertain and off-balance. If your dog's nose is dry and can't grab smells, he will continually lick his nose in a futile attempt to regain the smell catching moisture. Of course, that makes it worse, like when we lick chapped lips (you licked your lips, didn’t you?).
Think of it as driving through an unfamiliar area and having one measly bar on your cell phone. You would probably be nervous, apprehensive or totally freaked out (I'm a freak out type). That is how your Corgi feels ALL THE TIME when he is not getting the smelly info needed to make decisions.
The moisturizers in Corgi NOSE BUTTER® nourish the dry tissue of your dog’s nose. After a few days of NOSE BUTTER® your Corgi will look and feel better physically, plus, that legendary Corgi joie de vivre will return.
Complete Ingredient Info + Tips, Hints and Suggestions for Choosing and Using Your Corgi's Nose Butter Below
HOW TO USE NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATPSIS YOUR DOG'S EXTREMELY DRY NOSE
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.