COCKER SPANIEL NOSE BUTTER® CONDITIONS, SOOTHES AND MOISTURIZES YOUR COCKER'S NOSE
Cocker Spaniel's sweet expressions, gentle temperament and good looks keep them on the short list for many families looking for a new pet family member.
Your Cocker Spaniel may have an overall dry nose, a bit dull, a little rough. If your Cocker’s nose is covered with layers of crust that looks like a tree root grew across their nose or black cauliflower, their dry nose problems may be caused by Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
Nasal hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition (¯\(°_o)/¯ medical-speak for they don’t have a clue) that causes your dog to create a protein or keratin overgrowth (keratin-more jargon, it just means protein tissue). The good news is NOSE BUTTER® works for all levels of Cocker nose dryness and Nasal Hyperkeratosis also!
YOUR COCKER SPANIEL'S SUPERPOWER
Your Cocker Spaniel descends from centuries of breeding for a smaller, beautifully coated bird dog. While your Cocker may never once EVER flush a bird out of some thicket, he has centuries of DNA telling to FIND THE BIRD.
NOSE BUTTER® FOR A MORE CONFIDENT, RELAXED COCKER SPANIEL
Think of a healthy, moist dog nose like flypaper. The sticky, wet surface grabs all the scent particles as they float by and fills your dog in on all the news that’s fit to sniff. If your dogs nose is dry or crusty, the scent particles with all the info won’t stick to it and your dog will miss out on all the news.
There is a point to all of this, hang in there with me! If your Cocker's nose is dry and he's not getting the scents he needs to feel confident, he may become edgy, tense, agitated and frustrated. Think of it as how we feel when the remote is not working and you point and click and twist your around as you stab the clicker toward the TV in a vain attempt to get the channel you want.
A healthy, moist dog nose LOOKS better physically, FEELS better physically and helps your dog FEEL BETTER emotionally.
COCKER SPANIEL LABEL OPTIONS
TINS FAB 4 | BUFF | BLACK | CHOCOLATE | PARTI COLOR
COCKER SPANIELS TUBE LABELS FAB 4 COCKERS ONLY
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.