CHOW NOSE BUTTER® HYDRATING MOISTURE FOR YOUR DOG'S ROUGH, DRY NOSE
The Chow or CHOW CHOW (official dog show name) is an imposing figure. The scowling expression, stilted gait and bear-like look are part of the look that is uniquely Chow. A dry, crusty nose is just not to be allowed on such a regal dog!
Like many other heavy-bodied dogs (no fat-shaming, they are supposed to be sturdy), the Chow has a tendency toward having dry or crusty, even cracked noses. If your Chow's nose is covered with a harder crusty, barnacle looking tissue, Nasal Hyperkeratosis may be the culprit. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® works for all types of Chow nose issues FAST!
YOUR CHOW'S SENSE OF SMELL IS HIS SUPERPOWER
Your Chow may not be flushing birds out of brush or tracking lost children, but he still wants to sniff out the scoop. As you know, dogs have noses that are a bazillion times more powerful than ours. Well, maybe not a bazillion, but a lot.
A healthy dog nose has a moist surface which acts like sticky smell gathering flypaper for dogs. Scent particles, packed full of fun info for your Chow, float through the air. If their nose is dried out, those juicy smells won't stick. Then your Chow licks that dried out nose (and licks it and licks it) in an attempt to regain moisture.
Plus, not being able to do his job, guarding the family and property as his oriental ancestors have done for thousands of years, is stressful for your dog. The Chow has been hardwired for thousands of years to guard and protect the property of their hard-working farming families. Even now, his DNA tells him to be on alert and aware of what is going on, just in case he needs to call upon his guard dog roots.
CHOW NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes the nose leather, getting it back into info-gathering shape FAST. And THAT makes for a more confident, secure and settled Chow.
CHOW TIDBIT: One Emperor of the Tang dysnasty had a staff of 10,000 huntsmen and 5000 Chows to hunt wild game in his park, which was roughly the size of present day England. Scientific research indicates the Chow originated in China some 3000 years ago, with references to the Chow going back to the 1000s BC. Some believe the Chow originated in ancient Mongolia, where huge lion-like dogs with black tongues, were used to fight the ancient Chinese 3000 years ago, thus putting them into the hands of the ancient Chinese.
CHOW NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.