Does Your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel have a Dry or Crusty Nose?
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Nose Butter® For Your Cavalier's Dry Nose
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are known for their expressive faces and those limpid chocolate eyes. The Cavalier has beguiled royalty for centuries and been immortalized in works of art beside kings, queens and emperors for centuries. Dry or crusty Cavalier noses have also been around for centuries, luckily your Cavalier lives in the Age of Nose Butter®.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Dry Nose Info
If your Cavalier’s nose has an overall dull or dry appearance, it may be a stubborn case of dry nose. If your Cavalier’s nose has thick layers of crust that are cracked and resemble barnacles (like the noses below) it may a different condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The GOOD NEWS is NOSE BUTTER® works on all ranges of dry Cavalier noses!
Why A Healthy Nose Is A Big Deal To Your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
While your Cavalier may have never SEEN a game bird, his genetics carry the nose of Royal Spaniels. His ancestors were bred to flush out game birds and gently bring the fallen ones to their master. That DNA is still active, telling your Spaniel to SNIFF and SNIFF PROUDLY!
Your may have noticed your Cavalier merrily sniffing around the yard or dog park and wonder what she's looking for. That one sniff you see her take conveys a whole Google search of info to your dog. A healthy nose grabs those info carrying scent particles like flypaper, bringing your dog all the scoop.
If her nose is dry, she will lick it in a vain attempt to moisten her nose to get her sniffing mojo back. Of course, just like when we lick chapped lips, it just gets worse.
It's like how we feel when we're driving in an unfamiliar area and see we have NO SERVICE on our cell phone. You may not be white knuckle terrified (I would be), but you would probably be stressed, frustrated and tense. That may be how your Cavalier feels all the time when her nose is dry!
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes and nourished the dry nose leather (technical term) of your dog’s nose. After a few days of NOSE BUTTER® usage your dog will look better and feel better. Plus, your Cavalier will be more secure, grounded and confident when he gets all the info nature tells him is available.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Nose Butter® Product Info
- Individually handcrafted, mixed and poured here at The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used (details below)
- Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang (more details below)
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm sized) or .50 oz tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete tips, hints and directions booklet
- In frosty gift bag
- Your choice of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel labels: Cavalier Label Options: All 4 Color Varieties, Blenheim, Tricolor and Black & Tan and Ruby Duo
- Complete ingredients and usage info in tabs below
NOSE BUTTER is the same recipe for your Cavalier or your neighbor's Rottweiler. The many different dog breed labels are just for fun. That said, Cavaliers are too beautiful to limit the labels to just one. So, you get four options!
How To Best Use Nose Butter®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing Which Nose Butter® Is Best For Your Dog
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
Nasal Hyperkeratosis Info - Extremely Dry Dog Noses
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.