CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL NOSE BUTTER® SOOTHING MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR CAVALIER'S DRY NOSE
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are known for their expressive faces and those limpid chocolate eyes. The Cavalier has beguiled royalty for centuries and been immortalized in works of art beside kings, queens and emperors for centuries. Dry or crusty Cavalier noses have also been around for centuries, luckily your Cavalier lives in the Age of NOSE BUTTER®
CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL DRY NOSES
If your Cavalier’s nose has an overall dull or dry appearance, it may be a stubborn case of dry nose. If your Cavalier’s nose has thick layers of crust that are cracked and resemble barnacles it may a different condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Spoiler Alert: NOSE BUTTER® helps all ranges of dry Cavalier noses!
CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL SUPER POWER
While he may never have even SEEN a game bird, his genetics carry the nose of Royal Spaniels. His ancestors were bred to flush out game birds and gently bring the fallen ones to their master. That DNA is still active, telling your Spaniel to SNIFF and SNIFF PROUDLY!
Your may notice your Cavalier merrily sniffing around the yard or dog park and wonder what she's doing. That one sniff you see her take conveys a whole Google search of info to your dog. A moist, healthy nose grabs those info carrying scent particles like flypaper, bringing your dog all the scoop.
If her nose is dry, she will lick it in a vain attempt to moisten her nose to get her sniffing mojo back. Of course, just like when we lick chapped lips, it just gets worse.
Think of it like this...you're driving along a deserted unfamiliar highway and glance at your phone. You don't even have one bar and then the dreaded NO SERVICE appears. You may not be white knuckle terrified (I would be), but you would probably be stressed and tense. Yep, your dog with a dry nose may feel like that all the time.
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes and nourished the dry nose leather (technical term) of your dog’s nose. After a few days of NOSE BUTTER® usage your dog will not only look better, but feel better. Plus, getting all the info via their most important channel, their sense of smell, will put him more at ease. Your Cavalier will be more secure, grounded and confident when he gets all the info nature tells him is available.
CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS & TUBES
CAVALIER LABEL OPTIONS: ALL 4 CAVALIERS, BLENHEIM, TRICOLOR and BLACK & TAN and RUBY
NOSE BUTTER is the same recipe for your Cavalier or your neighbor's Rottweiler. The many dog breed labels are just for fun. That said, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I offered one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel label and called it good.
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES???? Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.