CANE CORSO NOSE BUTTER® MOISTURIZING TREATMENT FOR YOUR MASTIFF'S DRY NOSE
Your Cane Corso is a head-turner! Their size alone attracts attention, but toss in their muscular physiques, that massive head and the intelligence that shines from their eyes and you have a showstopper of a dog.
Like other Mastiff breeds, the Cane Corso often has a tendency toward having dry or crusty, even cracked noses. If your Corso's nose is covered with a harder crusty, barnacle looking tissue, Nasal Hyperkeratosis may be the culprit. For more on that condition click HERE. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® works for all types of Cane Corso nose issues FAST!
YOUR CANE CORSO WAS BRED TO HUNT BIG GAME AND FIGHT BATTLES
One of the ancient breeds, the Cane Corso Italiano originated in Italy. The old Roman Molossian or “Canis Pugnax” is his ancestor. This imposing breed was used to hunt of large game and as a warrior in battles. Yep, your dog's ancestors were GLADIATORS! And while they went to war, they had to be trained to fight, as their basic nature was that of guardian and protector.
As you know, a dog's sense of smell is his superpower. Your Cane Corso throws that big head up and takes a deep sniff. This lets him know that the guy down the road just fired up the grill and the teenage boy a few streets over is drinking beer in the garage (he's gonna get caught). All that from one big sniff.
If your Cane Corso's nose is cracked and crusty he won't be able to sniff all the juicy smells floating by. A moist nose is like smell catching flypaper and grabs all the scents onto its damp surface. Obviously, a crusty nose is not going to be very flypaper-like. Cane Corso NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes the nose leather, getting it back into info-gathering shape FAST.
NOSE BUTTER® for your Cane Corso will have him swaggering around the Coliseum, make that the dog park, in just a few days. Not only does your Cane Corso look better and feel better physically, but being able to gather info again via his moist nose will boost his confidence and self-esteem. I know it may sound kinda silly, but your dog will be more confident, relaxed and in control when his senses are all working as they were intended.
CANE CORSO NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.