BULLDOG NOSE BUTTER® HANDCRAFTED MOISTURIZING BALM FOR YOUR ENGLISH BULLDOG'S DRY NOSE
Something about Bulldogs tickles the human spirit and makes us smile. Is it that face? The expression they often have that looks like they are about to explode with dog laughter? Their rambunctious playfulness? How many times have you watched that video of the Bulldog skateboarding? Yeah, me too.
Along with that bullylicious face comes a predisposition toward a dry nose or even Nasal Hyperkeratosis (see below-yuck-poor Bullies). Bulldogs are one of the breeds with the most dry nose issues, like their little Frenchie and Pug cousins. Not only do Bulldog's have regular dry noses, they often have the more extreme version, Nasal Hyperkeratosis. With this condition the nose looks like it has oyster shells or a Hobbit tree root growing across it. More on Nasal Hyperkeratosis in tabs below or click HERE. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® works for all types of Bulldog nose issues FAST!
YOUR BULLDOG HAS A ROUGH AND TUMBLE HISTORY
As you probably know, early Bulldogs were used to bait bulls, which has thankfully been outlawed for around 100 years. Their stocky, muscular bodies and set-back nose were instrumental to their ability to grab a bull and hang on.
I promise, I DO have a point with the Bulldog history bit. Your Bulldog has centuries of bull baiting in his DNA. To survive those altercations, he had to think and act on his four feet FAST! If he did not sniff out all the info available to him...such as the bull's twists and turns, he would not last long.
Your Bulldog will probably never even SEE a bull, but his genetic history still tells him to sniff out info. Your dog's moist nose is what grabs the smells and sends them onto the scent sorters in his nose. A dry nose can lead to FOMOS (Fear of Missing Out on Smells).
NOSE BUTTER® nourishes your Bulldog's nose with layers of moisturizing butters and oils. Not only does he look better with a smooth,shiny nose, he feels better, as he can breathe more easily. And, don't forget his mental health! Your Bulldog has that Bulldog swagger back…he knows he looks GOOD and he is getting all the info he could even want or need. WIN!
BULLDOG NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
SHOP BULLDOG CURATED COLLECTION HERE EVERYTHING BLISSFULLY BULLDOG FEATURING NOSE BUTTER COMBOS, SOAPS, SHAMPOOS + MORE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.