BULL TERRIER NOSE BUTTER® HANDCRAFTED MOISTURIZING TREATMENT FOR YOUR BULLY'S DRY NOSE
The Bull Terrier’s distinctive, one-of-a-kind head draws attention everywhere they go. A dry, cracked or crusty nose detracts from your dog’s unique “egg-shaped” face and is uncomfortable for them.
Your Bull Terrier may have some dryness across the top, maybe a ridge of crust at the very top. If your Bullie’s nose is covered in layers of crust or the skin looks like a barnacle or baby meteorite it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis (more info in tabs below) The good news is NOSE BUTTER® works for all types of Bull Terrier nose dryness and FAST!
YOUR BULL TERRIER HAS THE DNA OF A GLADIATOR
The American Kennel Club describes the Bull Terrier as…Playful and clownish, the Bull Terrier is best described as a three year-old child in a dog suit. Given his muscular build, the Bull Terrier can appear unapproachable, but he is an exceedingly friendly dog, with a sweet and fun-loving disposition. –AKC
BULL TERRIER HISTORY BITS
Early Bull Terriers were often called the Cavalier Gladiator. Their unique close-to-the-ground, low center of gravity build made them hard to knock over when baiting bulls or fighting other dogs. The Bull Terrier was also bred to have a very high % of muscle mass. Thankfully that low center of gravity now just gives them a jaunty gait, as their days of bull baiting are behind them.
I promise, I have a point here. To survive those original occupations, the Bull Terrier had to think and act FAST! If he did not sniff out all the info available to him...such as the bull's twists and turns or just how tough his canine opponents were, he would not last long.
WHY HAVING A WET, HEALTHY NOSE MATTERS TO YOUR BULL TERRIER
Your dog's moist nose is what grabs the smells and sends them onto the scent sorters in his nose. A dry nose cannot capture the smell info that floats by. Not only does a dry nose interfere with their sniffing ability, it can also lead to a feeling of being unsettled and yes, FOMOS (Fear of Missing Out on Smells).
Imagine driving a new route to visit a friend out of town. You take a wrong turn and uh-oh...no signal. Your phone has zero bars and your old GPS can't find a signal. You can't get the info you need to make the best decision. That is how your dog feels when he has a dry nose unable to get a connection with his environment.
NOSE BUTTER® nourishes your Bull Terrier's nose with layers of moisturizing butters and oils. Not only does he look better with a smooth,shiny nose, he feels better, as he can breathe more easily. And, don't forget his mental health! Your BT will have his swagger back as he is getting the info he needs to feel confident, secure and in control.
BULL TERRIER NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.