BRUSSELS GRIFFON NOSE BUTTER® HEALTHY, HANDCRAFTED MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR GRIFF'S ROUGH, DRY NOSE
Like many flat-faced breeds, the Brussels Griffon has a tendency toward a dry, crusty or cracked nose. The price to pay for utter and complete cuteness, I suppose.
Your Griff may have a dry nose, one that is a bit dull, there may be some crust along the top. If your Brussels Griffon has a nose that resembles a barnacle or has layers of crust on top of the nose, he may have an easily treatable condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. More on Nasal Hyperkeratosis in tabs below. The good news is NOSE BUTTER® works for all levels of Brussels Griffon nose dryness and FAST!
YOUR BRUSSELS GRIFFON WAS ORIGINALLY BRED TO DO A TOUGH JOB
Did you know there are three types or varieties of the Brussels Griffon? The Brussels Griffon (Griffon bruxellois), the Belgian Griffon (Griffon belge), and the Petit Brabançon (the smooth coat). The three types all descend from a dog called a Smousje, a scrappy Jack Russell Terrier type dog who were stable dogs with the important job of getting rid of…RATS. Yes, your sweet little Griff's ancestors were Verminators. Luckily, in the 1800s fanciers of the breed crossed the stable dogs with Pugs and the English Toy Spaniel (no wonder I adore them). This toned down the terrier intensity and made for a more was-going pet.
WHY A HEALTHY, WET NOSE IS A BIG DEAL TO YOUR GRIFF
OK, there is a point here. Your Brussels Griffon has all those centuries of rat hunting DNA twirling around his genetic code. To be able to hunt those rats he had to sniff them out and be fast about it.
Even today's Griff, who may never even see a rat (we hope not-yikes) has nature telling him to SNIFF OUT INFO. Your dog's moist nose is what grabs the smells and sends them onto the scent sorters in his nose. A dry nose can't get that scent capturing job done. Not only does a dry nose interfere with their sniffing ability, it can also lead to a feeling of being unsettled.
Think of it this way…how do you feel when you are driving somewhere unfamiliar and can't get a signal? Frustrated, on edge, maybe even a wee bit scared? Your dog may feel somewhat on edge all the time if his main info gathering facility is compromised!
NOSE BUTTER® smooths and nourishes your Brussel Griffon' nose with layers of healing butters and oils. Not only does he look much better with a smooth, shiny nose, he feels better physically, as he can breathe much more easily. Plus, your Griff will feel more confident and self-assured when he's getting the info he needs.
BRUSSELS GRIFFON NOSE BUTTER® AVAILABLE IN TINS AND TUBES
SHOP EVERYTHING BLISSFULLY BRUSSELS GRIFFON HERE FEATURING NOSE BUTTER COMBOS, SOAPS & SHAMPOOS + MORE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.