BELGIAN MALINOIS NOSE BUTTER® KEEPS YOUR DOG'S NOSE IN TOP SNIFFING CONDITION
The Belgian Malinois' innate intelligence makes them one of the top breeds worldwide for use as a police and military dog. The Malinois is also the perfect family dog who will curl up beside you on the sofa and protect you from the doorbell on tv and other dangers.
Your dog's dry nose may range from a bit of dryness on to being extremely dry. If your dog's nose is cracked and overgrown with crusty tissue, it could be a condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis (more info HERE). BELGIAN MALINOIS NOSE BUTTER® works on all types of dry dog nose issues from a touch of dryness to full-on Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
YOUR BELGIAN MALINOIS WAS BORN TO SERVE AND PROTECT
The Belgian Malinois is able to track and find their prey/subject, then apprehend, as needed. A dry nose will inhibit this glorious sense of smell, slowing down his reaction time and ability to do his job.
Your Malinois may never do any harder work than keeping evil squirrels from entering your yard, but nature is still telling him to keep his nose moist and pliable. The moistness acts as smell catching flypaper, catching the scent particles that give your Malinois info. Dry nose = less info!
BELGIAN MALINOIS NOSE BUTTER® moisturizes and nourished the dry tissue of your dog’s nose. After a few days of using NOSE BUTTER® your Malinois will not only look better, but also feel better emotionally. Getting all the info available puts him more at ease. Your dog will be more confident and secure knowing he is doing his job with all the info at his disposal.
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.