AMERICAN ESKIMO NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR DOG'S DRY NOSE
The American Eskimo is a happy, care-free dog. They are confident they are the center of your universe, as it should be! The Eskie, as their close friends call them, also known as the Spitz or Eskimo Spitz for many years, but are now officially the American Eskimo. No matter what we call them, they are a popular companion dog, with their classic white coat and cheery disposition.
Your may have noticed your American Eskimo's nose has become dry or a little rough. If their nose is covered by layers of hard skin, almost a crust, it may be a condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. American Eskimo NOSE BUTTER® is the answer for any level of dry nose issue your dog may have.
WHY YOUR AMERICAN ESKIMO'S NOSE HEALTH IS IMPORTANT TO THEIR OVERALL WELL-BEING
While your American Eskimo may be your best Netflix buddy or long walk companion, their heritage is one of hard work and industriousness. Originating in Germany, they were bred as an all-purpose farm dog and were expected to do everything from herding the flocks, to hunting small game, to pulling a cart, to guarding the property, and of course, as devoted companions. When many Germans emigrated to the United States they brought their favorite dogs with them.
Your American Eskimo's job may be strictly that of loving best friend, but generations of strong work ethic is coded into her DNA. Nature is telling her to be on alert and protect your family and home from danger, even if she perceives that danger as being the UPS guy or that evil squirrel. If her nose is crusty, dry and rough, she will be unable to sniff the air and snag all the info nature sends her way. A rough nose does not act as the canine smell catching flypaper she needs.
Think of it as trying to get a cellular signal and you’ve got one weak bar. You will hold the phone up in the air, wave it around and dash back and forth as you chase those maddening bars! So frustrating!
If your American Eskimo's sense of smell is dulled by a dry nose, she will be less secure, possibly feeling stressed and frustrated. Every little thing may seem to set her off as she is not getting the info she needs. Remember the one bar feeling…that's how she feels all the time! NOSE BUTTER® to the smell rescue for your American Eskimo!
TINS SIZE OPTIONS: 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 OZ | TUBE SIZE OPTIONS: .15 (Lip Balm Size), .50 & 2 OZ
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® INGREDIENTS
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted here in far northern Minnesota by our dog obsessed team using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
CHOOSING NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds. The breed labels celebrate the incredible diversity among dog breeds and the people who love them. Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels. Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOUR AND YOUR DOG - TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula in tins and tubes, difference is only the container
- TINS - better value per ounce
- Screw top tin - better for hot climates
- Slider top - better for those with grip issues
- TUBES - ez to use
- Tubes - no mess
- Tubes - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS INFO
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose could be described as extremely dry, or looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control.
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that is marked by the excessive formulation of nose crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose. This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they ned to feel secure and confident. A healthy moist nose snags good smells that float by and provide your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence. Your dog knows info is out there, but he cannot get it. Like us looking for a gas station in a sketchy neighborhood with ZERO bars on our phone. MORE INFO HERE.