Does Your Olde English Bulldogge Have a Rough, Dry Nose?
Bulldogs have the most passionate fans and fanciers. Maybe it's the association wth sports teams, maybe it's the utter confidence Bulldogs all seem to exude, maybe it's their rough and tumble, everyman demeanor. Regardless, Bully breeds have legions of Bully lovers!
Your Bulldog's Dry Nose
Virtually all of the various Bulldog breeds struggle with dry, crusty or even cracked nose issues. Not only do Olde English Bulldoggee's have overall dry noses, they can also have the more extreme version where the nose looks like it has oyster shells on it called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is Nose Butter® works for all types of Olde English Bulldogge nose issues FAST!
Encoded into your dog's genetic makeup is a fearless desire to guard and protect those he loves. Your Olde English Bulldogge may never SEE a bull, but he still has DNA telling him to stand guard over his charges again the enraged bull.
To get all the info needed to do his job and make fast decisions, your Bulldog's nose needs to be in healthy shape. Your Bulldog's moist nose snags the smells and sends them on to the scent sorters in his nose. Nose Butter conditions and maintains your Bulldog's nose health when used as directed.
Using Olde English Bulldogge Nose Butter
Dab, Distract, Done! technique works for most dogs. If you have a dog who refuses to cooperate, try the tips here and in the toggle tabs below
- Warm the product before applying for faster absorption; Put in pocket for a bit to warm + TIN - scoop a bit out with finger or spoon and warm in your palm
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until better
- Use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week). Like ear cleaning or cutting toenails, Nose Butter® is part of their health care routine.
- Bully Alert! Bulldogs don't usually like having their faces messed with or being held tightly. Their already compromised breathing causes them to struggle to keep it open and free. Be FAST when applying!
Olde English Bulldogge Nose Butter Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used: Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- .15 oz (lip balm size), 50 oz and 2 oz tubes + 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Olde English Bulldogge Label
- Note: Nose Butter is very thick and dense to penetrate your dog's leathery nose tissue
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & won't harm your dog if they lick (or eat) some
How To Best Use Nose Butter® Info & Video
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- For ease of application and faster absorption put tin or tube in your pocket for a few minutes to warm it
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon and warm in your palm before application for faster absorption
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until there is improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week)
- Products have no active ingredients and will not harm your dog if they lick some off. But we do want the product to get it's work done, so see distract tips
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
FYI: Our balms have a very thick, stiff consistency, because your dog's nose is very thick skin tissue. If it were a fluffy cream, it would not work.
Distraction Tips - Look Squirrel!
- Like pulling off a bandaid - Apply FAST
- Give treats before, during and after application, if needed
- Peanut butter on a wooden spoon is a great trick
- Feed their dinner after application
- Play your dog's fave game
- Throw a ball or go for a walk
- Pets and cuddles are always good
Keeping Expectations Real
Every so often a customer tells us their dog doesn’t “like” the Nose Butter, etc. Some dogs just do not like being controlled, messed with, having their faces touched or anything done to them. We get it! Sometimes our dogs do NOT want to be messed with, restrained or have their faces touched. They will flip, fight, twist and turn and some of the dogs have the audacity to wipe the product off on the sofa or their owner's leg!
Your dog may not “like” having Nose Butter applied. They may not like going to the vet or getting their toenails trimmed. Just like most of us don't like going to the dentist, but we go. Sometimes we have to do something for our dog's well-being…cutting toenails, giving meds, cleaning ears, going to the vet, or applying Nose Butter, etc. If your dog struggles, make the process FASTER and reward lavishly. This may be one of those situations in which you have to be firm with your dog, again, for the greater good.
Application Tips for Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking Dogs
How to Apply Nose, Paw, Elbow and Boo Boo Butter To Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking, Twisting, Flipping Dogs
We feel your pain. Some of us have dogs that are less than cooperative when it comes to anything being done to them. It is not that they don't like the products themselves, they just don't want anything done to them. Period. For those dogs here are a few tips and tricks, but may we remind you...you are the person and sometimes we have to do what is for our dog's own good…like going to the vet, having toenails cut and maybe having Nose Butter put on their nose.
- Let your dog lick peanut butter off spoon while you apply
- Try strong smelling treats - goat cheese, tuna, fishy treats
- Tag team! One give treats or pet while the other applies
- Go for a walk, throw a ball
- Dab on while they sleep - sneaky!
- Be FAST! Dab! Distract! Done!
Additional Tips for Flat-Faced Dogs, Lickers and Carpet Rubbers
Flat-faced dogs often resist application, as their breathing is already compromised. Apply as quickly as possible and don’t hold your flat-faced dog tightly, as this often makes them struggle more. This goes for Toy Dogs also, they know they're small and don't want to held tightly for fear of being hurt.
DISTRACTION - BE TENACIOUS
First be sure you are warming the product to the point of melted before application. It will soak in much faster if almost there when you apply.
Distracting dogs that are determined to lick the product off (or rub it off on furniture) may take some tenacity on your part. Treats, walks, throwing a ball or just petting them may work. Think of anything your dog loves and use that on them for the ten minutes or so needed. Stick to it...it’s for your dog’s well-being.
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing Which Nose Butter® Is Best For Your Dog
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
Nasal Hyperkeratosis Info - Extremely Dry Dog Noses
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
Tonka's nose was so crusty and cracked. After just one application it was markedly improved! Awesome product!
Love this for my Bully's nose. Nose became moist and supple after 3 applications.
always nice and does a really good job of repair
My fur babies noses are very smooth now. Trick is getting them not to lick it off. And I suppose I shouldnt tell you this.......my bottom lip was raw and cracked. I was desperate and couldn't find my lip balm. I used the nose butter. OMG. My lip healed up in a day. It's still soooo smooth.
Excellent . His nose is not dry anymore.
Maggy's nose is almost back to normal. It's amazing how well the Nose Butter works.
Our English Bulldog has horrible allergies. Her skin is often red and itchy which makes her miserable. The Boo Boo Butter and Boo Boo Spray are wonderful!! They clear up her skin irritations in less than two days.
The Nose Butter is also amazing for her dry, cracked nose - a common issue for EBs.
Lastly, the Paw Butter is a staple for her mani/pedi routine.
Thank you so much for creating these products! Our girl is so much more comfortable because of them!
My Olde English Bulldogge had a nose that looked like a dry cracked desert. Your Blissful Dog Nose Butter had her nose looking soft and hydrated within three days! I’m using it once every two days now. I’m completely impressed with your product. My sweet girl, Benelli, and I thank you.
Our English Bulldog, Judith Mae, has had an ugly dry cracked nose for years. We have tried multiple products but nothing seemed to work for her. With just a couple applications of Bulldog nose butter we have seen a huge improvement!! Thank you!!
This was my first purchase from Blissful Dog. The website was very user friendly, the product was shipped and received in good order and with a cute little picture on the tin. The nose butter has worked wonders to moisturize my bullys little dry nose.