Does Your Chow Have a Rough, Dry Nose? Chow Nose Butter Moisturizes Your Chow's Dry Nose
Your Chow's Sense of Smell Is One of His Superpowers
Your Chow may not be retrieving birds from a lake or tracking lost children, but he still needs to sniff out the scoop. The Chow has been hardwired for thousands of years to guard and protect the property of both hard-working farming families and nobility. Even now, his DNA tells him to be on alert and aware of what is going on, just in case he needs to call upon his guard dog roots.
If your Chow's nose is dry, it won't grab, collect and process the smells needed for your dog to make quick, informed decisions. This can cause your Chow to be on edge, anxious or off-balance
Chow Nose Butter® moisturizes their nose leather, getting it back into info-gathering shape FAST. And THAT makes for a more confident, secure and settled Chow.
Chow Dry Nose
The Chow or CHOW CHOW (official dog show name) is an imposing figure. The scowling expression, stilted gait and bear-like look are part of the regal dog that is uniquely Chow.Like many other heavy-bodied dogs (no fat-shaming, they are supposed to be sturdy), the Chow has a tendency toward having dry or crusty, even cracked noses. If your Chow's nose is covered with a harder crusty, barnacle looking tissue, Nasal Hyperkeratosis may be the culprit (more info in tabs below). See image below). The good news is Nose Butter works for all types of Chow nose issues FAST!
Using Chow Nose Butter - the Quick Version
DAB. DISTRACT. DONE. Apply Nose Butter® 2-3x a day for 2-3 days (or until nose improves. Distract to keep them from licking it off before it gets its work done. Then use as needed for maintenance (usually1-2x a week). It really is that easy! Complete tips and hints for application on uncooperative dogs in tabs below.
Chow Nose Butter Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used: Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- .15 oz (lip balm size) or .50 oz tubes + 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Chow on the label
- Non-toxic, No active ingredients & won't harm your dog if they lick (or eat) some
- Note: Nose Butter is very thick and dense to penetrate your dog's leathery nose tissue
Nose Butter Product Details
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
Handcrafted By The Blissful Dog Since 2002 Using All Natural Ingredients
- all natural and organic ingredients used:
- Shea butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- castor oil
- cocoa seed butter
- avocado oil
- unscented - no essential oils
- scented essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
Using Nose Butter
Using Nose Butter
- Warm product before using for faster absorption
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & no harm is licked
More Tips On Using Nose Butter On Uncooperative, Stubborn Dogs - We know you're asking for a friend.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka Extreme Dog Nose Dryness
Nasal Hyperkeratosis in Dogs
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is the extremely dry version of a dry dog nose. Any breed, any dog can develop it, but there are a few characteristics or circumstances that can trigger it. More info in video below and here.