Chinese Crested Nose Butter® Keeps Your Dog's Skin and Coat in Stellar Shape
Your Chinese Crested is a showstopper of a dog. How many times have you answered the same three or four questions? "Yes, this is a dog." "No, he didn't get sick and lose his hair." "Yes, I know she looks like My Pretty Pony." The price for being distinctive and unique.
Your Chinese Crested's Dry Nose
Not only does your Chinese Crested need extra skin care to keep their unique skin in tip-top shape, they can also struggle with having dry or even crusty noses. Your Crested may have a bit of dryness on their nose or it may be covered in a thicker, even crusty tissue, which could be Nasal Hyperkeratosis - more info in tabs below.
Once you have your dog's nose back in shape you can drop down to a maintenance schedule. This can vary from dog to dog and can range from daily to every week or so. Nasal Hyperkeratosis is a condition of unknown causes that has no known cure. BUT, you can keep it under control with ongoing usage of Nose Butter.
Using Nose Butter - the Quick Version
DAB. DISTRACT. DONE. Apply Nose Butter® 2-3x a day for 2-3 days (or until nose improves. Distract to keep them from licking it off before it gets its work done. Then use as needed for maintenance (usually1-2x a week). It really is that easy! And of course, it is the most luxurious skin moisturizer for the hairless variety of Crested
Keep in mind, your Chinese Crested is well aware of their small size and some will do their best to protect themselves. From the tried and true "Best Defense is Good Offense" to twisting like a Cirque de Soleil acrobat, your Crested may resist Nose Butter application. Complete tips and hints for application on uncooperative dogs in tabs below.
Chinese Crested Nose Butter Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used: Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- .15 oz (lip balm size) or .50 oz tubes + 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Chinese Crested on the label
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & won't harm your dog if they lick (or eat) some
- Note: Nose Butter is very thick and dense to penetrate your dog's leathery nose tissue
Nose Butter Product Details
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
Handcrafted By The Blissful Dog Since 2002 Using All Natural Ingredients
- all natural and organic ingredients used:
- Shea butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- castor oil
- cocoa seed butter
- avocado oil
- unscented - no essential oils
- scented essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
Using Nose Butter
Using Nose Butter
- Warm product before using for faster absorption
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & no harm is licked
More Tips On Using Nose Butter On Uncooperative, Stubborn Dogs - We know you're asking for a friend.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka Extreme Dog Nose Dryness
Nasal Hyperkeratosis in Dogs
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is the extremely dry version of a dry dog nose. Any breed, any dog can develop it, but there are a few characteristics or circumstances that can trigger it. More info in video below and here.