Bulldog Nose Butter® Individually Handcrafted Moisturizer for Your English Bulldog's Dry Nose
Your Bulldog's Dry Nose
Something about Bulldogs tickles the human spirit and makes us smile. Is it that face? Their rambunctious playfulness? How many times have you watched that video of the Bulldog skateboarding? Yeah, me too. Bulldogs are just fun dogs! Fun to live with and fun to watch!
Of course you want your Bulldog to look and feel their best. To breathe freely and no more answering, "It's a Bulldog thing" when people ask what's wrong with your dog's nose. Not only does a dry nose affect your dog's looks, it can also cause them to be anxious.
Bulldogs & Nasal Hyperkeratosis
Along with that bullylicious face comes a predisposition toward dry noses. Plus, Bulldogs often have the extreme version of dryness called Nasal Hyperkeratosis (pictured below). Nasal hyperkeratosis is a condition in which skin tissue grows in crusty layers, often covering the dog's nose. More on Nasal Hyperkeratosis in tabs below or click HERE. The good news is Nose Butter® works for all types of Bulldog dry nose issues, including Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
Your Bulldog Looking & Feeling Great
Nose Butter nourishes your Bulldog's nose with layers of moisturizing butters and oils. Not only does your Bulldog look better with a smooth, shiny nose, he feels better, as he can breathe more easily. And, don't forget his mental health! Your Bulldog has that Bulldog swagger back…he knows he looks GOOD and he is getting all the info he could want or need.
Your Bulldog's Physical & Mental Well-Being
Your Bulldog may not be tracking escaped convicts through swamps or retrieving ducks on a lake, but having a healthy nose is still a big deal. Your Bulldog's moist nose is what grabs the smells and sends them onto the scent sorters in his nose. A dry nose can lead to your Bulldog feeling off their game, out of sorts and frustrated.
You know how we feel when we glance at our cell phone and see NO SERVICE? Frustrated, annoyed or even terrified, depending on the situation! That's how your Bulldog feels when they can't snag smells. On edge, irritated and frustrated.
Using Nose Butter - the Quick Version
DAB. DISTRACT. DONE.
- Apply Nose Butter® 2-3x a day for 2-3 days (or until nose improves)
- Distract to keep them from licking it off before it gets its work done
- Then use as needed for maintenance (usually1-2x a week)
It really is that easy! Complete tips and hints for application on uncooperative dogs in tabs below and in the booklet included with your Nose Butter order.
Bulldog Nose Butter Product Info
- Individually handcrafted, mixed and poured by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural & organic ingredients
- Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented has essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- In .15, .50 & 2 oz tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Bulldog on the label
How To Best Use Nose Butter® Info & Video
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- For ease of application and faster absorption put tin or tube in your pocket for a few minutes to warm it
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon and warm in your palm before application for faster absorption
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until there is improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week)
- Products have no active ingredients and will not harm your dog if they lick some off. But we do want the product to get it's work done, so see distract tips
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
FYI: Our balms have a very thick, stiff consistency, because your dog's nose is very thick skin tissue. If it were a fluffy cream, it would not work.
Distraction Tips - Look Squirrel!
- Like pulling off a bandaid - Apply FAST
- Give treats before, during and after application, if needed
- Peanut butter on a wooden spoon is a great trick
- Feed their dinner after application
- Play your dog's fave game
- Throw a ball or go for a walk
- Pets and cuddles are always good
Keeping Expectations Real
Every so often a customer tells us their dog doesn’t “like” the Nose Butter, etc. Some dogs just do not like being controlled, messed with, having their faces touched or anything done to them. We get it! Sometimes our dogs do NOT want to be messed with, restrained or have their faces touched. They will flip, fight, twist and turn and some of the dogs have the audacity to wipe the product off on the sofa or their owner's leg!
Your dog may not “like” having Nose Butter applied. They may not like going to the vet or getting their toenails trimmed. Just like most of us don't like going to the dentist, but we go. Sometimes we have to do something for our dog's well-being…cutting toenails, giving meds, cleaning ears, going to the vet, or applying Nose Butter, etc. If your dog struggles, make the process FASTER and reward lavishly. This may be one of those situations in which you have to be firm with your dog, again, for the greater good.
Application Tips for Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking Dogs
How to Apply Nose, Paw, Elbow and Boo Boo Butter To Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking, Twisting, Flipping Dogs
We feel your pain. Some of us have dogs that are less than cooperative when it comes to anything being done to them. It is not that they don't like the products themselves, they just don't want anything done to them. Period. For those dogs here are a few tips and tricks, but may we remind you...you are the person and sometimes we have to do what is for our dog's own good…like going to the vet, having toenails cut and maybe having Nose Butter put on their nose.
- Let your dog lick peanut butter off spoon while you apply
- Try strong smelling treats - goat cheese, tuna, fishy treats
- Tag team! One give treats or pet while the other applies
- Go for a walk, throw a ball
- Dab on while they sleep - sneaky!
- Be FAST! Dab! Distract! Done!
Additional Tips for Flat-Faced Dogs, Lickers and Carpet Rubbers
Flat-faced dogs often resist application, as their breathing is already compromised. Apply as quickly as possible and don’t hold your flat-faced dog tightly, as this often makes them struggle more. This goes for Toy Dogs also, they know they're small and don't want to held tightly for fear of being hurt.
DISTRACTION - BE TENACIOUS
First be sure you are warming the product to the point of melted before application. It will soak in much faster if almost there when you apply.
Distracting dogs that are determined to lick the product off (or rub it off on furniture) may take some tenacity on your part. Treats, walks, throwing a ball or just petting them may work. Think of anything your dog loves and use that on them for the ten minutes or so needed. Stick to it...it’s for your dog’s well-being.
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing Which Nose Butter® Is Best For Your Dog
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
Nasal Hyperkeratosis Info - Extremely Dry Dog Noses
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
Awesome product!!! Quick results!!!
Our English Bulldog, Judith Mae, has had an **** dry cracked nose for years. We have tried multiple products but nothing seemed to work for her. With just a couple applications of Bulldog nose butter we have seen a huge improvement!! Thank you!!
Great News!!! We're tickled that Nose Butter has done the trick for Judith Mae's dry nose. LOVE her name, by the way. The trick is to keep using a couple of times a week or so to keep her nose looking good. Again, thank you for letting us know! -Kathy
First Purchase: This was my first purchase from Blissful Dog. The website was very user friendly, the product was shipped and received in good order and with a cute little picture on the tin. The nose butter has worked wonders to moisturize my bullys little dry nose.
Thank you so much for letting us know how everything worked for you and the experience was exactly what we hope for and strive for with every purchase. Thank you again, Kathy
It helped me and my dog out to know that she looks better!
Perfect for the both of us :)
Your Bulldog is one lucky Bully to have you looking out for their needs. Thank you for letting us know how the product has worked. -Kathy
This is the best product
This is the best product .... my Bee had crusty nose and tried another product but was still not smooth so tried nose butter and it works fantastic.... Bee loves it too thank you
We're so glad that Bee is happy with her new Nose Butter! That's what we love to hear. Thanks for letting us know! -Kathy
Your product arrived on time. Within 2 weeks of using it on my Olde English Bulldogges nose it worked. Now he looks Bulldog handsome.
What good news! We're thrilled he is back to Bulldog handsome again! Thanks for letting us know. -Kathy