NOSE BUTTER® Moisturizes Your Boxer's Dry Nose...Naturally!
Boxers are a unique combination of elegance and goofiness. They push their way into your heart, feet first of course, and take over. Sadly, along with that expressive face often comes a dry or crusty nose.
Many Boxers have a bit of a rough, dry nose OR it may be the extreme form of dryness called Nasal Hyperkeratosis. The good news is Boxer NOSE BUTTER® was created for all ranges of Boxer nose dryness.
Why A Healthy Nose Is Important To Your Boxer
For hundreds of years your Boxer’s ancestors sniffed out and tracked wild game deep in the German forests. This took concentration and a great nose! Even though your Boxer may not require that level of sniffing ability in his world of sofa surfing, your dog still has that DNA hardwired into him.
If his nose is rough, dry or even crusty, he won't be able to sniff the air and snag all the info nature is telling him to retrieve. This lack of info wears your dog down over time. Like us not able to get a cell signal on a long drive in an unfamiliar area. Annoying, frustrating or even scary!
How Nose Butter Gets Your Boxer's Nose In Sniffing Shape
NOSE BUTTER is a rich moisturizer that quickly melts into your dog’s nose in layers. First, the lighter oils soak in (like almond oil), then the heavier oils are absorbed (castor oil) and last, the rich, yummy butters bring up the rear for maximum moisture and to act as a protective barrier (while still being light enough to let the skin of the nose breathe).
Using Boxer Nose Butter - the Quick Version: DAB. DISTRACT. DONE. Apply Nose Butter® 2-3x a day for 2-3 days (or until nose improves. Distract to keep them from licking it off before it gets its work done. Then use as needed for maintenance (usually1-2x a week). It really is that easy! Complete tips and hints for application on uncooperative dogs in tabs below.
Boxer Nose Butter Product Info
- Individually handcrafted, mixed and poured here at The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used (details below)
- Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang (more details below)
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm sized), .50 oz or 2 oz tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete tips, hints and directions booklet
- Your choice of Boxers on the label: Brindle, Fawn, Brindle & Fawn Duo, Show Ears and White.
- In frosty gift bag
- Complete ingredients and usage info in tabs below
How To Best Use Nose Butter®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- For ease of application and faster absorption put tin or tube in your pocket for a few minutes to warm it
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon and warm in your palm before application for faster absorption
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until there is improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week)
- Products have no active ingredients and will not harm your dog if they lick some off. But we do want the product to get it's work done, so see distract tips
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
FYI: Our balms have a very thick, stiff consistency, because your dog's nose is very thick skin tissue. If it were a fluffy cream, it would not work.
Distraction Tips - Look Squirrel!
- Like pulling off a bandaid - Apply FAST
- Give treats before, during and after application, if needed
- Peanut butter on a wooden spoon is a great trick
- Feed their dinner after application
- Play your dog's fave game
- Throw a ball or go for a walk
- Pets and cuddles are always good
Keeping Expectations Real
Every so often a customer tells us their dog doesn’t “like” the Nose Butter, etc. Some dogs just do not like being controlled, messed with, having their faces touched or anything done to them. We get it! Sometimes our dogs do NOT want to be messed with, restrained or have their faces touched. They will flip, fight, twist and turn and some of the dogs have the audacity to wipe the product off on the sofa on their owner's leg!
Your dog may not “like” having Nose Butter applied. They may not like going to the vet or getting their toenails trimmed. Just like most of us don't like going to the dentist, but we go. Sometimes we have to do something for our dog's well-being…cutting toenails, giving meds, cleaning ears, going to the vet, or applying Nose Butter, etc. If your dog struggles, make the process FASTER and reward lavishly. This may be one of those situations in which you have to be firm with your dog, again, for the greater good.
As you have read (over and over) Nose Butter® is the same recipe, the breed labels are just for fun. Of course, some dog breeds are more unusual than others and some are beloved by almost everybody. As that kid who was inevitably picked last for every sports team, I will NOT say a dog breed is more popular than another. That's just wrong.
Reviews for the Just A Nose label are also shown under the more unusual breeds, new breeds or new configurations of existing listings. That way you get to read reviews on every page of Nose Butter without have to go 2 or 3 clicks deep. Nobody wants to do all that extra clicking...ugh.
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing Which Nose Butter® Is Best For Your Dog
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
Nasal Hyperkeratosis Info - Extremely Dry Dog Noses
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
- Reviews (249)
It did very well. Results happened in just a few days.
Love this product!
The Boxer Nose Butter worked great! Within a few weeks Rascal's dry, bumpy nose was back to normal.
My 10 year old boxer boy Neo had some minor drying and cracking starting on the top of his nose and the Boxer Nose Butter worked great. Cleared it up within 1-2 days. Great product at a great price & so much easier than making it on your own.
The Blissful Dog Inc.
Thank you so very much for sending us such an awesome picture of your big guy. Neo (Matrix fan?) looks like a big sweetie. Thanks again! - Kathy
This was my second time buying the Nose Butter, and once again I am beyond happy! Within a week, the crusty part of my dogs nose was super smooth. Very easy to use and apply. I’ll forever be using this product!
The Blissful Dog Inc.
Thank you, thank you. We love it when we have life-long relationships with dog noses. Thank you for letting us know. -Kathy