Does Your Beagle Have a Rough Dry Nose?
But first, a fun Beagle Factoid. Did you know Beagle vocal cords are actually stronger than other dogs. They have distinctive barks for different occasions - the basic bark, baying when they are on a trail, and the howl for when they are sad, lonely, bored or just to join in the howling fun. Back to your Beagle's nose...
Your Beagle's Dry Nose
Many of the breeds in the Hound family (and mixes) have issues with dry noses. It's not fair for the dogs who count on their noses the most, is it? Your Beagle's nose may be dry, with some rough patches or even a bit of crust. If their nose is covered with layers of crusty skin it could be Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is a condition in which the nose is covered with layers of crusty skin tissue that has grown erratically. This tissue overgrowth can be controlled with regular usage of Nose Butter, which is usually 2-3x a week. Much like cutting toenails or cleaning ears, it becomes part of their health care regimen.
The good news is Beagle Nose Butter works on all dry dog nose issues from a touch of dryness to full-on Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
Centuries of DNA Tell Your Beagle to Sniff & Bark
Your Beagle has a hardworking nose, famously known as one of the top sniffers in the canine world (dang Bloodhounds are #1). They put their noses to the ground and follow the scent…focused with single-minded determination.
All dogs rely on their sense of smell for most of their info gathering. To have a dry, crusty nose inhibits their ability to gather all the info they need. Think of it as being in an unfamiliar area with no service on your cell phone. You would probably be nervous and tense. That is how your Beagle feels when they cannot get their info. Nervous, tense, a bit off balance.
Beagle Nose Butter moisturizes and nourishes the dry tissue of your dog’s nose. After a few days of Nose Butter your Beagle will look and feel better physically. Getting all the info they need makes them happier and more confident. They are on top of all that is going on in their kingdom, even if the kingdom is your house and yard, not a forest full of foxes.
Beagle Nose Butter Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used
- Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang (more details below)
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm sized) or .50 oz tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Beagle on the label
- Non-Toxic, no harm is swallowed
Nose Butter Product Details
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
Handcrafted By The Blissful Dog Since 2002 Using All Natural Ingredients
- all natural and organic ingredients used:
- Shea butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- castor oil
- cocoa seed butter
- avocado oil
- unscented - no essential oils
- scented essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
Using Nose Butter
Using Nose Butter
- Warm product before using for faster absorption
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & no harm is licked
More Tips On Using Nose Butter On Uncooperative, Stubborn Dogs - We know you're asking for a friend.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka Extreme Dog Nose Dryness
Nasal Hyperkeratosis in Dogs
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is the extremely dry version of a dry dog nose. Any breed, any dog can develop it, but there are a few characteristics or circumstances that can trigger it. More info in video below and here.