Does Your Anatolian Shepherd Have a Dry, Crusty or Cracked Nose?
From A Bit Dry to Nasal Hyperkeratosis
Many dogs, including the Anatolian Shepherd and their cousins the Great Pyrenees, the Maremma, the Abruzzese Mastiff and the Pyrean Mastiff all can have some level of nose dryness. This dryness can range from a bit of dullness or dryness to the more extreme condition, Nasal Hyperkeratosis, in which the entire nose is covered with layers of crusty, scab-like tissue - see examples in videos below.
The GOOD NEWS is Nose Butter® moisturizes all levels of dog nose dryness from a bit dry to the extremely dry Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
How Nose Butter Works
Apply Nose Butter 2-3x a day for the first 2-3 days (maybe a few days longer for extremely dry noses), then use as needed for maintenance (will vary from dog to dog, 2-3x a week is average). More detailed tips for usage are in tabs below.
The vast majority of dry dog nose issues will require maintenance. Just like cutting toenails and cleaning ears, we gotta do the maintenance chores for our dog's well-being.
All Natural Nose Butter
Every single tin and tube of Nose Butter is hand-mixed, poured and labeled by The Blissful Dog staff here in far northern Minnesota using all natural good stuff.
Nose Butter Comes in several sizes of tins and tubes because dog noses come in all sizes from the tiniest Yorkie nose to a Mastiff's giant snout.
Nose Butter is all the same recipe, the same formulation, whether it has a Rottweiler or Maltese on the label.
Anatolian Shepherd Nose Butter Product Info
- Ingredients: Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm sized) or .50 tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Anatolian Shepherd on the label
Nose Butter Product Details
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
Handcrafted By The Blissful Dog Since 2002 Using All Natural Ingredients
- all natural and organic ingredients used:
- Shea butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- castor oil
- cocoa seed butter
- avocado oil
- unscented - no essential oils
- scented essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
Using Nose Butter
Using Nose Butter
- Warm product before using for faster absorption
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & no harm is licked
More Tips On Using Nose Butter On Uncooperative, Stubborn Dogs - We know you're asking for a friend.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka Extreme Dog Nose Dryness
Nasal Hyperkeratosis in Dogs
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is the extremely dry version of a dry dog nose. Any breed, any dog can develop it, but there are a few characteristics or circumstances that can trigger it. More info in video below and here.